cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't find my house water pump 2005 Fleetwood Expedition

Gundog
Explorer
Explorer
I am wanting to install a winterizing suction line with some valves. I have a bin that has most of the plumbing in it including a filter canister. I can hear the pump but I can't find it. It seems it might be behind the refrigerator. I would like to T into the line before the pump with a valve in the supply line and one on the Teed in portion for a suction line.

The current winterizing instructions call for at least 6 gallons of RV antifreeze to do the winterizing procedure. You have to use at least that much poured into the fresh water tank for the pump to pick it up. It is a pain in the butt. Has anyone had to access the water pump on an 05 Fleetwood Expedition 34H?
2005 34' Expedition Cat C7 Allison 3000
8 REPLIES 8

Reisender
Nomad
Nomad
There should be a little access panel in your wet bay. It’s behind there. Not sure about that specific year but that’s where Fleetwood was putting them at the time.

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
Gundog wrote:
I just gave up and used 6 gallons of antifreeze.

Yuck! Why?
You didn’t put it in the FW tank I hope?
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

Bobbo
Explorer II
Explorer II
midnightsadie wrote:
most already have this feature built into the system.

It's not universal. My first RV had it from the factory. My current RV did not. But whether it is built in or not, he has to find the water pump because it will be located right before the water pump.
Bobbo and Lin
2017 F-150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab w/Max Tow Package 3.5l EcoBoost V6
2017 Airstream Flying Cloud 23FB

Gundog
Explorer
Explorer
I just gave up and used 6 gallons of antifreeze. If I can remember this next summer I am going to make another attempt at this project. I just need to locate the line somewhere before the pump that will allow me to access a valve I install if that is possible.

Gundog
Explorer
Explorer
katysdad wrote:
Did you look behind the basement panel where your city water connection is?

Yes the filter is on the back wall of that compartment and the hose runs inside the coach. I hope the water pump doesn't go out. My guess is the refrigerator has to be removed to access the pump.

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
most already have this feature built into the system.

katysdad
Explorer
Explorer
Did you look behind the basement panel where your city water connection is?
Dodge Ram 3500 DRW Diesel

Bobbo
Explorer II
Explorer II
Listening for it was going to be my recommendation. Since you already did that, I have no further suggestions.
Bobbo and Lin
2017 F-150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab w/Max Tow Package 3.5l EcoBoost V6
2017 Airstream Flying Cloud 23FB