cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Route from MA to Myrtle Beach,SC with the least traffic

RVER
Explorer
Explorer
So wanting least traffic want to avoid I95 until below DC. Thinking of going out on 84 to 81 at Scranton PA and down 81 to 64 or if there are other routes that bring you from 81South to 95 South to Lumberton NC 74East and we do have a route from there to MYRTLE BEACH SC but is there another route better from 81 to 95 than 64 East? OR Going over the Cumomo Br/Tappen Zee Br and is there a route to get me to 78 ( I will be on 287 going over the Bridge)and 78 West to 81, is there an exit off 87 to 78 directly? Seems going out of my way but seems it will be less traveled and faster? Going tomorrow.
2003 Newmar Mountain Aire Vortec engine 35ft
2002 Sunnybrook 34BWTS On site at campground as a seasonal
Chevy Silverado 2500HD with Duramax engine and Allison transmission
Pullrite Superglide Hitch, Prodigy brake controller
S and S Co-Travelers
5 REPLIES 5

RVER
Explorer
Explorer
RVs are prohibited from Merritt Parkway it is true but this trip is by car. The Merritt has arched overpasses and not tall enough for wider taller rigs, some are 9Ft + and some are 12ft + but never would make it with MH for sure. I have a motorhome and would not take it on Merritt or high up on Garden State Pkwy
S and S Co-Travelers

docsouce
Explorer II
Explorer II
I just double checked and RV's are prohibited on the Merrit Parkway.
2020 JAYCO 26XD
Just right for the two of us!

RVER
Explorer
Explorer
THANKS to you all. WE are now here a few days and are driving back soon. We took 78 to 81 to 66 to 95 basically, now will come back and get to 95 via some local routes and then 95 to 64 to 81 to 78 to 287 to Cuomo Bridge to Merrit Parkway to 91 to 84 to 90 and then home. Will see if it saves time.
S and S Co-Travelers

ferndaleflyer
Explorer III
Explorer III
I-81 to I-83 just after Harrisburg ( usually exit east of Harrisburg go south to the turnpike and go 1 exit I think to I-83) take that to I-695 around Baltimore ( it is also I-95) take that all the way to I-40 in NC. Take that East to RT 17 Near Wilmington (there is a by pass) drops right into Myrtle. I have also taken the route you mention near Lumberton but this is much better.

Ed_C
Explorer
Explorer
We always take the Pike to I/84 to PA. If the weather is good we stay on 84 to Scranton and take I/81 south. If it's threatening we take US 209 (first exit in PA) to I/80 to PA 33 to I/78 to I/81 just above Harrisburg. There are no mountains; so it's warmer and less of a chance of fog or snow. At Winchester VA you can take US 17 to I/95.
Ed/Jeanie & Slade the GSD
2017 Entegra Aspire 42 RBQ/ Sierra Crew