cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Back up camera recommendations?

daily_double
Explorer
Explorer
Looking to add a backup camera to my Arctic fox. Anybody know a good one? Wireless
18 REPLIES 18

3_tons
Explorer
Explorer
For driving, I wanted a camera that would remain on full time (backup cams donโ€™t do this), so I got a Voyager from here Rvcams.com

3 tons

SpknTC
Explorer
Explorer
daily double wrote:
The Furrion looks pretty good on paper, but it's expensive and made by a company that's known for not turning out anything good.

I actually have the Furrion Vision S 5" Markerlight Camera and I've had no problems with it in 2 yrs. I did get mine for a discount due to issues when the TC was first purchased. Since it's connected to the running lights it made for an easy install and I can have the camera on ALL the time.
Ford F450 6.7L PSD DRW 4X4
Arctic Fox 865

mellow
Explorer
Explorer
Deb and Ed M wrote:
I bought an inexpensive "Amtifo" camera/monitor from Amazon; wired the camera from that set into the back of our TT, but then added a second camera to the back of our popup truck camper. It paired right up with the monitor, and when wired to the running lights, gave us a nice clear color view of what was going on behind us.

Thanks for the review, I went ahead and grabbed one of these for $139, figure its cheap enough that if it doesn't work I am not out a ton of money. The TC is in winter storage but might just install it this weekend to test it out. The old voyager one never did work right and was a pain with the cord.
2002 F-350 7.3 Lariat 4x4 DRW ZF6
2008 Lance 1191 - 220w of solar - Bring on the sun!

AISURFFISH
Explorer
Explorer
daily double wrote:
Looking to add a backup camera to my Arctic fox. Anybody know a good one? Wireless

If it's pre wire super easy just get one u like wireless.
If not wired tie unt running light so its running while running.
2017 F350 6.2L Crew Cab

Arctic Fox 990 2021 TORK-LIFT FAST GUNS AND SUPER HITCH
COOLER RACK OFF THE FRONT ALWAYS FULL OF FISHING RODS TICA TO BE EXACT

ICamel
Explorer
Explorer
I have been running a Rear View Safety RVS-770613 wired system on my truck/camper for 5 years. Other than having to replace the 12v Plug in male plug last year it has been flawless.

They also make wireless systems.
ICamel

2017 Arctic Fox 992
2005 Ford F350 Lariat SuperDuty CrewCab 4x4 + 6 Speed Manual + 19.5" Tires + LoadLifter 5000 Rear Air Bags
2005 16' River Wild Drift Boat
Honda EU2000i
Trophytrout FlyFisherman

daily_double
Explorer
Explorer
The Furrion looks pretty good on paper, but it's expensive and made by a company that's known for not turning out anything good.

Deb_and_Ed_M
Explorer
Explorer
I bought an inexpensive "Amtifo" camera/monitor from Amazon; wired the camera from that set into the back of our TT, but then added a second camera to the back of our popup truck camper. It paired right up with the monitor, and when wired to the running lights, gave us a nice clear color view of what was going on behind us.
Ed, Deb, and 2 dogs
Looking for a small Class C!

daily_double
Explorer
Explorer
I'll be watching to see what you choose!

Camper_Jeff___K
Nomad II
Nomad II
I'm looking into some cameras for my truck and camper before I leave on my trip.
I'll let you know what products I decide.

ProjectMon
Explorer
Explorer
StirCrazy wrote:
ProjectMon wrote:
Gone through a couple wired to running lights like Flyboy. Some have worked some needed to be returned. Current one has good range through TT and has lasted two years so far.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07QQSSP63/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

oh thats not cheep haha..

The cheap ones would not make it from the back of the 30-foot TT to the front of the truck. And one of the cheap ones I tried kept failing due to water intrusion into the camera.
2021 Dutchman Kodiak Ultra-Light 283BHSL
2019 Ram 1500 5.7L 3.92
ProPride 3P

gbsteph
Explorer
Explorer
Does your current truck have a back up camera in the tailgate.

StirCrazy
Nomad III
Nomad III
ProjectMon wrote:
Gone through a couple wired to running lights like Flyboy. Some have worked some needed to be returned. Current one has good range through TT and has lasted two years so far.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07QQSSP63/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

oh thats not cheep haha..
2014 F350 6.7 Platinum
2016 Cougar 330RBK
1991 Slumberqueen WS100

markowwes
Explorer
Explorer
I use the Garmin BC-30, works great with the Garmin GPS

ProjectMon
Explorer
Explorer

2021 Dutchman Kodiak Ultra-Light 283BHSL
2019 Ram 1500 5.7L 3.92
ProPride 3P