cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Shaw satellite

Big_C
Explorer
Explorer
Shaw did a maintenance at 3:00AM today. We now no longer have a signal here in Mazatlan. Does anyone in Mexico have a Shaw signal or is this the end?
the 5C's
Big C & Mamma C
2 little c's (weiner dogs)
2001,39' RoseAir (Rexhall) DP with 2 slides
2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee
contessajewall,com
8 REPLIES 8

Big_C
Explorer
Explorer
Good luck.
the 5C's
Big C & Mamma C
2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee
contessajewall,com

Gord_on_the_roa
Explorer
Explorer
Iโ€™m too scared to change channels - the Oiler game comes on shortly and after the game is over, I will be brave and see if I get all the channels.

Big_C
Explorer
Explorer
Good for you! We are manual but did find a channel that worked. Waited 30 minutes and voila!
the 5C's
Big C & Mamma C
2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee
contessajewall,com

Gord_on_the_roa
Explorer
Explorer
Figured this out. If you get a channel for a couple seconds as the dish is doing its searching, the next time it happens, immediately push and hold the Power button and the Select button. The dish will stop and shut down hopefully while itโ€™s catching the satellite.
It took me a couple times before I was fast enough to catch the satellite. At least I have TV, however temporary.

Big_C
Explorer
Explorer
Not sure what worked but we now have TV with most channels. Back to enjoying life in paradise.
the 5C's
Big C & Mamma C
2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee
contessajewall,com

Big_C
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you for your input. We are still working on it.
the 5C's
Big C & Mamma C
2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee
contessajewall,com

A1B00902
Explorer
Explorer
They sent an Email about the service maintenance,an advise to unplug receiver from the power source to reboot the service

almcc
Explorer
Explorer
Hi Contessa:

Shaw is having trouble with one of their sats, it's failing. Also, they did a maintenance thing yesterday morning, I received the email and will forward it.

We are having problems with Shaw here in Arizona, the dish searches but doesn't find the sat.

There is a US website that details Shaw's issues

https://www.satelliteguys.us/xen/