cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Relays under the hood?

SCADAMAN29325
Explorer II
Explorer II
What are all these relays for? It definitely looks aftermarket and done for the camper. I have a button near the steering wheel to use the house batteries to help start the chassis, one of them may be for that. There is also that one nearer the front. What all could they be for?

Thanks.

THANKS! Phil and LuAnn
1st timers, brought it home 2022-10-19.
1994 Fleetwood Jamboree Rallye
M-T31-Ford-460, 1994 Ford E350
I may not know what I am doing, but I am having fun doing it!
5 REPLIES 5

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Many of the Fleetwood products have generic wiring diagrams on their website. You may need the Fleetwood VIN number.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

Matt_Colie
Explorer
Explorer
Phil,
Now that I know that you are dealing with an older coach, let me share something with you. I hope you have been warned about the roof already, if you have any doubts about its integrity deal with that now and first. RVs with roof leaks end up in big trouble fast.....
Next some relatively easy things. Total cost about 500$ including tools and all materials if you do it and you can.
All the rubber parts are over age. This is a calendar problem. Adhesives and elastomers have a limited life. That is all there is to it. So, plan to at least inspect if not replace all the hoses for fuel, coolant and brakes. While you are doing that it is a good time to flush the cooling system because the corrosion inhibitors are depleted. The brake fluid has probably absorbed some moisture to rust expensive brake parts so flush that system. The rubber fuel lines are old enough to give trouble all on their own, but most likely they are not compatible with current "motorfuels".
You may be asking yourself what does this fool know....
The coach in my signature is a 1973 model and I worked for 40+ years in the testing laboratories of Detroit.
Matt
Matt & Mary Colie
A sailor, his bride and their black dogs (one dear dog is waiting for us at the bridge) going to see some dry places that have Geocaches in a coach made the year we married.

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Manuals like this could save you some efforts. Should b e able to find new one. I didn't look too hard! Used Chiltons manual
I like Chilton's better than the Haynes manual.
New at O'reilly

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

SCADAMAN29325
Explorer II
Explorer II
Bud,

10-4 all that. I'm going to chase them down and label them one day, but those suckers take a turn and disappear into the bodywork. As we used to say in the Navy, 'Not built with the technician in mind!'

Maybe I'll disconnect one side a circuit breaker and find out what doesn't work? (Not my preferred method). Or maybe disconnect one of those 'horn' relays #5&6?

May come back with nick name Sparky.

Thanks
THANKS! Phil and LuAnn
1st timers, brought it home 2022-10-19.
1994 Fleetwood Jamboree Rallye
M-T31-Ford-460, 1994 Ford E350
I may not know what I am doing, but I am having fun doing it!

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
2, 3, and 4 are circuit breakers
1 looks to be charge relay or battery boost. Ties chassis and coach systems together.
5 or 6 could be fuel pump relay. Not sure!
7 appears to be starter relay!

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow