cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Time to Paint the RV - Who's good at it ?

JCat
Explorer II
Explorer II
I need to get the RV painted, anyone have any recommendations ?
JCat & PCat
2004 Mandalay 40D
CAT C7 350 HP
21 REPLIES 21

MRUSA
Explorer
Explorer
univmd wrote:
https://www.deanloucks.com/

Dean Loucks does world class paint jobs but by contract, he only does Liberty Coaches.
Marc, Wellington FL
2013 Entegra Anthem 44SL
2018 Lincoln MKX toad
EEZ-RV tire pressure monitor

Bill_S_1
Explorer
Explorer
Geeze, too bad that Mike's Custom Painting no longer takes individual customers. We had our 2002 Itasca painted by him, around 5 or so years ago. It still looks like a brand new motorhome. Totally removes everything, blue-inks, sands, primes and painted up to 4 colors. Separately paints awnings, mirrors, etc. and it is truly a factory job. At that time, I think it was 12k.

I remember that there were a few good shops near the Tiffin factory in Re Bay, Al. Expect to pay $18k these days, but if your motorhome is in good shape other than the exterior, it's worth it, as you know what you've got vs buying an unknown for a lot more money.
Bill, (aka Capt.Bill)
2002 Horizon 36LD, Cat 330
RVing since 1987
First State

diplomatdon
Explorer
Explorer
I would contact them and ask them. Everytime I go to Algodones I walk down and see what they are painting. Must get them there somehow.

JCat
Explorer II
Explorer II
Thanks for the feedback on Navarros
I read a long post on the IRV site and the guy said he had to get on the roof of his RV and move electrical wires up so his wife could drive the RV down the street as they were too low and would have caught his AC units

Did you guys encounter any of this ?
JCat & PCat
2004 Mandalay 40D
CAT C7 350 HP

udidwht
Explorer
Explorer
JCat wrote:
I need to get the RV painted, anyone have any recommendations ?

Find someone in Tijuana BC
1994 Fleetwood Southwind Storm
P-30 chassis 7.4L 454 TBI 58,301 miles and counting....(as of 06/08/19)
VIN# 1GBJP37N4R3314754
Flight System Generator man 360 (PM me)

diplomatdon
Explorer
Explorer
ItsyRV wrote:
Navarro's Paint & Body shop in Algodones Mexico. Not far from the Yuma crossing. Just be prepared to wait for an available opening, they tend to book up way in advance.

I second Navarros. Send them a picture and what you want. They do top notch work. 2 years ago I sent them a picture of what I wanted on a 38' Monaco and they quoted me 13 to 15 Thousand. Sold coach and got a newer one. Was just down there and they don't seem as busy.

JCat
Explorer II
Explorer II
Well Dave based on the quote I got I might as well buy a new RV.
I asked for one side, clear coat at the top of the RV all around, and a few spot clear coat repairs on the other side.

Estimate was $19k

But I will go back to them to review the specific's and see if we are on the same page for the job.
JCat & PCat
2004 Mandalay 40D
CAT C7 350 HP

oldave
Explorer
Explorer
JCat wrote:
also just called Xtreme paint and graphics in Nacogdoches and they do not do full repaint anymore. So I am talking to them about doing 1 side at a time.

Hmmm, how does that work?
Do you wait a while & make another appointment?

JCat
Explorer II
Explorer II
also just called Xtreme paint and graphics in Nacogdoches and they do not do full repaint anymore. So I am talking to them about doing 1 side at a time.
JCat & PCat
2004 Mandalay 40D
CAT C7 350 HP

JCat
Explorer II
Explorer II
Finally got around to calling Mikes, and they no longer do customer paint jobs, only do paint jobs for new factory built RV's.

So the search continues
JCat & PCat
2004 Mandalay 40D
CAT C7 350 HP

Branson_N_Tucso
Explorer II
Explorer II
Also Mikescustompaintinginc.com

Branson_N_Tucso
Explorer II
Explorer II
I had my 2003 Providence done at Mike's Custom Painting. Located in Indiana. It took over 4 Months to get a date. That's how good he is.
Took 3 weeks to complete. A choice of 5 different colors. He straps everything off the coach. A complete factory job.
It cost $15 K. But the job is super.
I can send pictures if you get with me.
Macburnied@ gmail.com

ItsyRV
Explorer
Explorer
Navarro's Paint & Body shop in Algodones Mexico. Not far from the Yuma crossing. Just be prepared to wait for an available opening, they tend to book up way in advance.
1994 Itasca SunDancer 21RB - Chevy G-30 chassis.

univmd
Explorer
Explorer
https://www.deanloucks.com/
2008 Gulfstream Tourmaster
2011 Honda CRV
Blue Ox Baseplate & Socket Wiring
Blue Ox Alladin Tow Bar
US Gear Unified Tow Brake