cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Temporary Visitor's Pass - Guadalajara

qtla9111
Nomad
Nomad
Visiting Guadalajara? It looks like you'll need a visitor's pass for your vehicle. I see no mention of rvs but I'm sure that will apply as well.

According to the website, this became mandatory in August of 2021 but I saw this on the news yesterday. First that I have heard of it.

PASE DE ESTANCIA TEMPORAL A 30 DÍAS POR SEMESTRE
2005 Dodge Durango Hemi
2008 Funfinder 230DS
Living and Boondocking Mexico Blog
6 REPLIES 6

Talleyho69
What do US smog standards have to do with smog testing in Mexico?

Here in Guerrero we change license plates every 3 years in January. It is interesting to see how many vehicles don't yet have their new plates.

moisheh
Explorer
Explorer
I wonder what the parameters are for the test? Even new Mexican vehicles do not always meet USA standards.

qtla9111
Nomad
Nomad
playaboy wrote:
I have heard that the implementation of this program has been postponed until there are enough emission verification centers.

Makes sense. In addition, it is an attempt to reduce out-of-state plated vehicles forcing them to register if they are living in the state of Jalisco.

Here in Nuevo Leon we had a complete change of plates in November. So many thousands had not paid their plates or tags in so many years the state has lost a lot of money.
2005 Dodge Durango Hemi
2008 Funfinder 230DS
Living and Boondocking Mexico Blog

playaboy
Explorer
Explorer
I have heard that the implementation of this program has been postponed until there are enough emission verification centers.

navegator
Explorer
Explorer
The state of Puebla anounced the same rulling yesterday, the adjacent states that have smog checks and vehicles that have the decal are excempt, the Distrito Federal, and the Estado de Mexico and if I remember correct the Estado de Hidalgo that have "verificaciones" need not worry, It mainly applies to domestic vehicles from other states, I do not know how this will impact vehicles with registrations from Canada or the USA, of course vehicles from cities with smog checks will have paperwork that proves that they have passed the smog emissions check.

navegator

Talleyho69
Very interesting. Keep us posted if you learn more. Do like the idea that they are going to start verifying vehicle emissions there.