Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

TIP ONLINE

iguana07
Explorer
Explorer
Hi,
I went online and within two days received my TIP for our RV. EASY EASY!
My question is the windshield sticker, will it be snail mailed or is it not needed anymore or do I have to get it at Banjercito at the Aduana?
Info greatly appreciated!
Thank you in advance.
Chuck
Chuck n Sandy
Roxy the Kelpie and Kiki the cat.
3 REPLIES 3

playaboy
Explorer
Explorer
Make sure to include the Q-code on the printout. That is how officials will verify your TIP

iguana07
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you thatโ€™s the info I needed.
Last there March 2020.
It tells you to print copy and keep in vehicle.
Chuck n Sandy
Roxy the Kelpie and Kiki the cat.

Talleyho69
In years past, vehicles with a TIP were issued with a special โ€˜holographicโ€™ windscreen sticker that provided visual evidence of the vehicleโ€™s legal status in Mexico.

Since January 1, 2020, Banjercito no longer issues holographic stickers for placement in the windshield and the permits are validated by email instead, although we recommend that you print out the documentation and keep it on-hand at all times, in case you cannot access your email if you are stopped and questioned about your vehicleโ€™s presence in Mexico. You may be asked to show proof the vehicleโ€™s legal presence in the country at any military checkpoint and/or by federal or traffic police.

If your vehicle still has a holographic sticker that is still valid, itโ€™s important that you leave it in place and do not remove it. You should never remove the sticker yourself: the official at the Banjercito office at the border should do this for you when you cancel/surrender your permit.

You obviously haven't been here for a few years!!!