cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Looking for a post Christmas sale on Lithium batteries

BigSwick
Explorer
Explorer
who has a sale going on good quality lithium batteries?
I saw this one, but they don't have built in heaters, which I may not even need here in Florida...

https://dakotalithium.com/product/dakota-lithium-12v-100ah-deep-cyle-lifepo4-marine-solar-battery/
15 REPLIES 15

2Z_Bundok
Explorer
Explorer
also am concerned with burning out my trucks alternator with charging the lithiums while traveling.

Valid! Charge Controller and Battery Management System needed to safely utilize long life potential of LiFePO4 cells.
Bad idea mentioned to use wire size to regulate electricity like a fuseable link! Controller modules add to cost and life of battery pack.

deltabravo
Nomad
Nomad
https://www.litime.com/ sale
2009 Silverado 3500HD Dually, D/A, CCLB 4x4 (bought new 8/30/09)
2018 Arctic Fox 992 with an Onan 2500i "quiet" model generator

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
^So then recommend one instead of answering a question with a question and a bunch of jibberishโ€ฆ.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

3_tons
Explorer
Explorer
BigSwick wrote:
3 tons wrote:
OP says, โ€œwho has a sale going on good quality lithium batteries?โ€

Thereโ€™re a number of variables to consider that impact quality - please clarify โ€œgood qualityโ€โ€ฆ

3 tons

Something that will last 10+ years and be trouble free. what more could you ask for?

Well besides brand reputation, cell type (cylindrical, prism, pouch), cell grade (A, A-, B+, B), warranty, Bluetooth, internal BMS, internal heater, low-temp charger disconnect, all of these play a roll in the quality vs cost vs value quotientโ€ฆ

As with other battery types, to a large extent โ€˜trouble freeโ€™ depends on your knowledge and practice of how you manage LFPโ€ฆ

Having said that from my own perspective, with only a cursory amount of knowledge LFPโ€™s (though different) are far more convenient and easier to live with than conventional wet-cells ๐Ÿ™‚

3 tons

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
BigSwick wrote:
Something that will last 10+ years and be trouble free. what more could you ask for?
Then I'm sure you're aware of not shopping on price alone.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

BigSwick
Explorer
Explorer
3 tons wrote:

Thereโ€™re a number of variables to consider that impact quality - please clarify โ€œgood qualityโ€โ€ฆ

3 tons

3_tons
Explorer
Explorer

3 tons

mkirsch
Nomad II
Nomad II
Geo*Boy wrote:
I want to go to lithium for the weight savings, not getting any younger, also am concerned with burning out my trucks alternator with charging the lithiums while traveling.

If you are not burning out your truck's alternator charging the lead acid batteries in your camper, you won't burn out your truck's alternator charging lithium batteries.

Putting 10-ply tires on half ton trucks since aught-four.

jaycocreek
Explorer
Explorer
BigSwick wrote:
who has a sale going on good quality lithium batteries?
I saw this one, but they don't have built in heaters, which I may not even need here in Florida...

https://dakotalithium.com/product/dakota-lithium-12v-100ah-deep-cyle-lifepo4-marine-solar-battery/

Ampere time 100ah lifepo4 with eve cells-$299
Redodo (Zooms) 100ah lifepo4 with Gangfeng cells-$299

I have two of the Redodo and couldn't be happier.
Lance 9.6
400 watts solar mounted/200 watts portable
500ah Lifep04

time2roll
Explorer II
Explorer II
2oldman wrote:
Geo*Boy wrote:
also am concerned with burning out my trucks alternator with charging the lithiums while traveling.
It's my understanding that if the charge wire is small, it can't carry amperage sufficient to do that.
+1
And there is a fuse on the wire if somehow the current gets too high.

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
Papa_Wheelie wrote:
I could give a few pointers, but Will Prowse does it so much better on YouTube.
Will is calling inverters 'solar inverters.' I've asked why but no response.

"Offgrid Solar Inverter Buyer's Guide for Beginners"

Papa_Wheelie
Explorer
Explorer
I could give a few pointers, but Will Prowse does it so much better on YouTube.

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
Geo*Boy wrote:
It's my understanding that if the charge wire is small, it can't carry amperage sufficient to do that.

Geo_Boy
Explorer II
Explorer II
I want to go to lithium for the weight savings, not getting any younger, also am concerned with burning out my trucks alternator with charging the lithiums while traveling.