cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Fabric ceilings

Jim-Linda
Explorer
Explorer
Anyone clean their ceilings? Hesitate to put any liquid type cleaner on it.

Jim
8 REPLIES 8

Jim-Linda
Explorer
Explorer
Well I don't have any stains, so I think I will use vac for dust, etc. and see if I can detect any difference. Thanks to all who replied.

Jim

RAS43
Explorer III
Explorer III
IAMICHABOD wrote:
If the ceiling is covered with fabric like mine is.

I have had great luck with Folex,on my Fabric ceilings just spray it on and BLOT don't rub,you will be amazed at how it lifts out any stains.

It may take more than one application but it cleaned it all.

You can get it at most big box home improvement stores or Amazon check out the reviews and pictures on Amazon.

I agree, Folex is a great product for any fabric. Does a great job on the rug in our RV.

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
If the ceiling is covered with fabric like mine is.

I have had great luck with Folex,on my Fabric ceilings just spray it on and BLOT don't rub,you will be amazed at how it lifts out any stains.

It may take more than one application but it cleaned it all.

You can get it at most big box home improvement stores or Amazon check out the reviews and pictures on Amazon.
2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C

larry_cad
Explorer
Explorer
You have to be careful because the fabric is frequently glued to plywood and too much cleaner will bring out the stain from the plywood onto the fabric and then it is done for.
Today is my personal best for most consecutive days alive.

Our Travel Blog

Fulltimers
Explorer
Explorer
I was concerned that applying too much moisture would release the adhesive and cause mine to sag. The kitchen area was quite a mess with the grease and such from cooking. It looked like stalagmites. I used simple green in a spray bottle and a damp rag. Was able to clean the surface without soaking it through. Worked like a champ. Neck and shoulders took a beating though.
Fulltimers
Fulltimers Weblog

2003 Rexhall Aerbus 3550BSL
W-22 Workhorse
2005 Saturn Vue (Mr. Toad)
3.5L V6 Automatic

DancinCampers
Explorer II
Explorer II
Instagone is what we used for stains in our 2003 Adventurer.
Dan & Sharon (Kasey, Our Yorkie, RIP 9Jan'05-26Jul'17)
2012 Winnebago Journey 36M
2020 Chevy Equinox, Blue Ox Aventa II, Air Force One

If You Obey All The Rules, You Miss All The Fun

StarkNaked
Explorer II
Explorer II
I remember talking to a guy selling a class C that did his entire ceiling with an upholstery extractor.

I would assume that any upholstery extractor shampoo (must be low foaming) would work.

If I was going to do any cleaning like that (I did my carpet with an extractor) I would wait till summer on a warm day. And also have plenty of fans for air movement to dry things out.

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
I remember using a very weak bleach solution some years ago. I haven't cleaned it in a long time as I'm old and lazy.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman