cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What roof vent covers for Fantastic Fans

joebedford
Nomad II
Nomad II
My rig is 12 years old and it has 2 original Fantastic Fans. I want to put covers over these and I'm not sure what to get. Seems my fans are discontinued and the current covers are for more current fans. For example, apparently some new fans have mounts for covers; mine don't.

I bought a cover for the manual bath vent and with it installed, I won't be able to open the vent completely. Less so for FF as I think the vent opens even higher. Also, the vertical part of the FF is plastic - not sure how the brackets would screw into that (the bathroom manual fan is metal).

I don't have access to any of the FF mounting screws as they covered in thick sealer.

Any suggestions?
29 REPLIES 29

4x4van
Explorer
Explorer
I use the Camco AeroFlo vent covers. Easy to install, easily opened for cleaning (2 screws), and they are a bit more aerodynamic than others on the market. They're also quite reasonably priced, and so far are holding up quite well (3 years and counting) in the SoCal sun.
We don't stop playing because we grow old...We grow old because we stop playing!

2004 Itasca Sunrise M-30W
Carson enclosed ATV Trailer
-'85 ATC250R, '12 Husky TE310, '20 CanAm X3 X rs Turbo RR
Zieman Jetski Trailer
-'96 GTi, '96 Waveblaster II

CharlesinGA
Explorer
Explorer
Cummins12V98 wrote:
Fantastic Vent cover HANDS DOWN!!! No stupid screen to block air flow. Added mine in 2015 with RV in the Sun almost every day still look new.

^^^^^^^^^^^

This! They work, flow more air than other hoods. I added some silicone rubber washers to the mounting pins so the small hitch pins were a tight fit, but that is all.

https://youtu.be/p1fhkbl_1yQ

Charles
'03 Ram 2500 CTD, 5.9HO six speed, PacBrake Exh Brake, std cab, long bed, Leer top and 2008 Bigfoot 25B21RB.. previously (both gone) 2008 Thor/Dutchman Freedom Spirit 180 & 2007 Winnebago View 23H Motorhome.

stevenal
Nomad
Nomad
joebedford wrote:
Thanks for the Amazon links. Think I didn't look there?

Either "On Backorder" or "Out of Stock"

Sorry, the link was broken. It is now fixed above. I don't see either problem, and the price has dropped a bit.
'18 Bigfoot 1500 Torklifts and Fastguns
'17 F350 Powerstroke Supercab SRW LB 4X4

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II
Just an FYI, but in looking at the new style Maxx-Air-2 in black they no longer have the screen, and now a bit easier mount as well.

I plan to put these on my 14x14 OEM vents with small fan.

I think the new style maxx air, for high powered fans, no longer comes with supplied screen, but can be added with optional screen.

It appears like maxx air is also implying that a screen is not needed?

Jerry

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
IAMICHABOD wrote:
Cummins12V98 wrote:

Interesting I have not gotten the fell apart story this time??????

Being you brought it up and you always say your things are better than any others. Over and over and over.

So Here It Is! ๐Ÿ˜›

Do you REALLY believe every persons reviews??? Anyone in their right mind knows that was literally smashed by impact!!!

Please try to come up with something more believable.

Don't believe I have ever said anything negative about the Maxx cover other than it having a not needed screen.
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
Cummins12V98 wrote:

Being you brought it up and you always say your things are better than any others. Over and over and over.

So Here It Is! ๐Ÿ˜›
2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
wa8yxm wrote:
I put the officil FANTASTIC FAN Cover on mine and found I could not open it all the way.

Maxx air would be a good choice as well

NOTE they need not be fully open however if they are not they may tend to "Self Close".

Interesting, I have Maxx Air Fans and the fantastic covers open just fine. Wonder of you placed the cover too far towards the open end?
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
IAMICHABOD wrote:
Maxx Air Fan Mate on Amazon $60.33 Better and cheaper.Even the black one is cheaper.

Personal opinion, and mine is I get what I pay for and my opinion the Fantastic Vent is better and I really don't care what they cost.

joebedford
Nomad II
Nomad II
Thanks for the Amazon links. Think I didn't look there?

Either "On Backorder" or "Out of Stock"

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
I put the officil FANTASTIC FAN Cover on mine and found I could not open it all the way.

Maxx air would be a good choice as well

NOTE they need not be fully open however if they are not they may tend to "Self Close".
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
Maxx Air Fan Mate on Amazon $60.33 Better and cheaper.Even the black one is cheaper.
2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
joebedford wrote:
I found a 3-pack of fantastic vent hoods for $500+ and thought "That's wildly expensive" until I found a single fantastic vent hood for about $600!

While I think the fantastic vent hood is the best, I think I'll buy the MaxxAir Fanmate which is available at a reasonable price.

That's too funny! Don't think you looked too hard. Now you know the truth what cover are you going to buy now????????

AMAZON Fan-Tastic Vent U1500BL Ultra Breeze Vent Cover - Black $86

stevenal
Nomad
Nomad
$86 at Amazon
www.amazon.com/Fan-Tastic-Vent-U1500BL-Ultra-Breeze/dp/B007HGF29Y/ref=sr_1_5?crid=3AU8TRYHSPVIU&keyw...
'18 Bigfoot 1500 Torklifts and Fastguns
'17 F350 Powerstroke Supercab SRW LB 4X4

joebedford
Nomad II
Nomad II
I found a 3-pack of fantastic vent hoods for $500+ and thought "That's wildly expensive" until I found a single fantastic vent hood for about $600!

While I think the fantastic vent hood is the best, I think I'll buy the MaxxAir Fanmate which is available at a reasonable price.