cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

First RV,Travel Trailer, Toy Hauler ever!

WEOUTHERE
Explorer
Explorer
Hello all, so I have been around the whole desert/river scene since I was 13 racing motocross most my life I always have had some type of toy and but never owned a trailer. Now with a wife and a little girl on the way a toy hauler is going to be the only way ill get back to the desert. So I have the truck and towing experience and shopping for my first unit, now I plan on putting a 2 door time attack car around 2800lbs or so in it so I am only looking at 3 axle trailers with 15' plus garages. I have narrowed it down to a 07 triple axle (FSC3200) 780 HRS on generator(2 ac units) asking 17k the other is an 09 Forest River Sandstorm not sure what model but it is a triple axle (1 ac unit) but it does have solar panels and an invertor and (390 HRS on its generator) asking 15K pretty much same floorplan as the WW above...both trailers about 6 hrs drive...

If you guys can give me your input that be great thanks in advance, ill put the links below
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/723410235660064/?hoisted=false&ref=search&referral_code=null&referral_story_type=post&tracking=browse_serp%3A40f1871b-fd1e-4c81-b19e-8685611f187d
22 REPLIES 22

Hondo99
Explorer
Explorer
Iโ€™d get unit with 2 AC units!

WEOUTHERE
Explorer
Explorer
Well thanks for all that responded I can no thank enough! Thought I would get more input or responses like when you read those stupid " Ford vs Gm " threads but whatever thanks for you that did, I am headed to Bakersfield in the am for work and after up to stockton to pick up the FR ......

WEOUTHERE
Explorer
Explorer
Hey DS yes that is the label from the FR....

dsrace
Explorer
Explorer
if that is the label from the toyhauler then yes, that would seem correct. that is one of the better ones for ccc ! not sure i would travel far with 135 gal's of water in tow but you **** sure can in that unit.

WEOUTHERE
Explorer
Explorer
Hey 360 these are the numbers from the FR...I tried looking the model up as well but there isnt a ton of info on them online so to be certain I had the owner send me the label from the trailer itself so I know for sure what the specs are.

These numbers seem correct to ya'll?

WEOUTHERE
Explorer
Explorer

This should have the numbers...

Mod Edit: FB pictures often don't work here is a link that may work.

WEOUTHERE
Explorer
Explorer
[img][img]https://www.facebook.com/messenger_media/?attachment_id=1401163256954424&message_id=mid.%24gABfSclIUC6CLy2MnU2Fmh3WYT2rO&thread_id=6705312909495200[img][/img]

This should be the image of the label with the info on the FR...

WEOUTHERE
Explorer
Explorer
So 360 ill post the info from inside the trailer but the truck is a 15 LB DBL cab Duramax SRW and hit I will be using is a Propride3.

DS seller says there is no roof damage what so ever, just the ladder...

Thanks to both you guys for the help! I will get a pick of the label of weights ect on the FR and post it asap

dsrace
Explorer
Explorer
WEOUTHERE wrote:
Yes Ds the ladder is bent but it is an 09 and cheaper the the WW with he same floor plan and two years newer and has almost double the payload so prob will end up with the FR...

Never know when looking at pictures. Based one your response, it seems like the better choice......as long as there is damage to the roof from what ever they struck. Or at the very least, more damage then your willing to fix. Beyond that, it sounds like the better choice based on ccc.

valhalla360
Nomad II
Nomad II
Double check the cargo stats. I tried to pull up what appears to be the model (it's not listed) and it shows a 14000lb GVWR, so about 4600lb cargo capacity. Probably adequate but I would want to run it by a scale before purchase as add on items can eat up a fair amount.

Also, what is your hitch rated for? At 1400lb, I would expect a hitch weight of around 2000# give or take once loaded. It likely will be worse when running without the 2800lb car in the garage. Keep in mind the weight distribution of the car can make a big difference.

Probably doable but what's the full truck info. While payload is often a limiting factor, this might be an oddball where something else becomes the limit.
Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and RV

WEOUTHERE
Explorer
Explorer
Yes Ds the ladder is bent but it is an 09 and cheaper the the WW with he same floor plan and two years newer and has almost double the payload so prob will end up with the FR...

dsrace
Explorer
Explorer
Maybe its just the picture but the sand storm looks like It has a bent ladder. Or I should say the top of the ladder looks bent backwards like they ran into something. Both will be a handful to tow at higher speeds in wind. Basically you need the one with 4500 lb plus cargo capacity.

WEOUTHERE
Explorer
Explorer
Another tidbit I noticed, the FSC3200 has an GVWR of 13k and ULW of aprox 10,800 from what im reading with 3k or less or CCC.

The Forest River has a GVWR of 16,379 with an ULW of 9,360 and CCC of 5,827!
Seems like the river would be a better choice to carry a 2800lb or so car, what you guys think?

WEOUTHERE
Explorer
Explorer
These are pretty common here in the west, we frequent lets say gordons well, buttercup , honda valley all the way up north and you will see tons of these things.... glamis is a mecca for the FS WW ive seen in the past most over 30'