cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dometic RM1350 left refridge door flapper problem

heyobie
Explorer
Explorer
Been having problems with the refrigerator not cooling properly. Sometimes it would cool to 34 and other times up to 48. I thought it was the thermistor until one day my wife noticed that she could see into the fridge between the doors.

We realized that the door flapper on the left door workes intermittently. The fridge works perfectly if we manually close the flapper by hand.
The left door needs to be raised up about 1/8 to 1/4 because the flapper is sliding under the part that closes the flapper.

I see no adjustment to raise the door.

Anyone dealt with this problem
4 REPLIES 4

heyobie
Explorer
Explorer
I resolved the problem. Thought I'd pass it on in case someone is searching.
Since the door could not be lifted anymore, I lowered the piece that makes the flapper close. I cut off part of a paint stick to be aa spacer, drilled holes where the screws go, installed. Works perfectly

heyobie
Explorer
Explorer
I also could make a piece of metal that matches the top op the flapper. Epoxy it to the top of the flapper.
I'll call Domestic and see what they say. Thanks

heyobie
Explorer
Explorer
I hear you,but there is no play on the top hinge. nowhere for the door to go up. It looks like someone has inserted washers on the lower hinge like you suggested. I bought this 2016 Keystone avalanche last year but don't know the history of the fridge. Someone has tinkered with it.
I need to raise the flapper which may not be feasible or lower the part that the flapper is to ride in. That I think I can do.

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
Remove the door and shim up the door with a washer or two under the door on the lower hinge. A pretty common problem. I didn't see the solution until I had removed the flapper and shortened it a tad so it still sealed but closed as it should.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"