cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

California Redwoods Campground

philmcg
Explorer
Explorer
We are looking for recommendations on campgrounds near the redwoods along the Northern California coast that is 5th wheel (32') and pup friendly. We are going to make the trip in late March.

Thanks in advance
4 REPLIES 4

profdant139
Explorer II
Explorer II
I don't know if Kamp Klamath is open in March, but it is very well located -- right near Prairie Creek. Lots of hiking in old growth forest. Whales and sea lions can often be seen from the beach near the RV park. The RV park is fine for big rigs and is very quiet -- not located right on the highway.

But the bathrooms are not very nice -- they need upgrading. We use the bathroom in our trailer, so that is not an issue for us -- we've been to this place four or five times over the years.

Here is a link:

Kamp Klamath
2012 Fun Finder X-139 "Boondock Style" (axle-flipped and extra insulation)
2013 Toyota Tacoma Off-Road (semi-beefy tires and components)
Our trips -- pix and text
About our trailer
"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single list."

rr2254545
Explorer
Explorer
We like
"Redwood Meadows RV Resort
Features: Pull-thru Sites, Pets Allowed, Big Rig Access, Tent Camping, Kid Friendly, Cabins / Cottages / Yurts, Dump Station

Waypoints42.374778361114 -123.5302734375" Crescent City California

We have stayed there several times
2012 Winnebago Journey 36M Cummins 360
2014 Jeep Cherokee
492 Campgrounds,107K miles driven in our Winnebago motor homes and 2360 nights camping since we retired in July 2009, 41 National Parks

Fizz
Explorer
Explorer
With all the crazy weather California is having, I would have a backup plan B.

Rocky2
Explorer
Explorer
There are several areas of redwoods in NorCal: near Crescent City, Klamath River, and Avenue of the Giants south of Eureka. State campgrounds for the most part are closed in March. My favorite commercial campground is Ancient Redwoods RV in the Avenue of the Giants near Redcrest. It is closed until the 1st of April. Expect rain and fog at this time of year.