cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Anyone recognize this control panel?

SCADAMAN29325
Explorer II
Explorer II
It was working fine till I was testing the generator. Now it is indicating full bars on everything. It may have popped a transistor.

Thanks for all the help!

THANKS! Phil and LuAnn
1st timers, brought it home 2022-10-19.
1994 Fleetwood Jamboree Rallye
M-T31-Ford-460, 1994 Ford E350
I may not know what I am doing, but I am having fun doing it!
5 REPLIES 5

Dusty_R
Explorer
Explorer
enblethen wrote:
For information the bottom wire on the TANK for the sensor is common. The wires going up fare for levels. since all are lit, should indicates tank is full or the sensors are dirty, which is a common problem.
A test would be is to disconnect bottom wire and see what indicators do. If they all go out, dirty sensors.
Electronics tech in last sensor? Sounds almost familiar be a retired engineer from farther back!

It's been a long time but I changed ours to Sea-Level, which work very well, no false readings.

YC_1
Nomad
Nomad
Turn some lights on and check your battery.

Low voltage can cause electronic to go bonkers. Check the voltage with the generator running as well.

If your battery voltage is ok after testing, disconnect it for a couple of minutes and reconnect.

Sometimes electronics get confused with voltage going up and down as would occur with the generator coming online.
H/R Endeavor 2008
Ford F150 toad >Full Timers
Certified Senior Electronic Technician, Telecommunications Engineer, Telecommunications repair Service Center Owner, Original owner HR 2008

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
For information the bottom wire on the TANK for the sensor is common. The wires going up fare for levels. since all are lit, should indicates tank is full or the sensors are dirty, which is a common problem.
A test would be is to disconnect bottom wire and see what indicators do. If they all go out, dirty sensors.
Electronics tech in last sensor? Sounds almost familiar be a retired engineer from farther back!

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

SCADAMAN29325
Explorer II
Explorer II
Just a date on that label. I haven't done any testing on the assembly, but since the lights are lit, I would think the 12v is there.

40y ago I was a navy electronics tech (ET1), so maybe I can find a bad component and replace it. (WOW, that was a long, long time ago in a galaxy far, far away.)

(Edit, added starwars riff)
THANKS! Phil and LuAnn
1st timers, brought it home 2022-10-19.
1994 Fleetwood Jamboree Rallye
M-T31-Ford-460, 1994 Ford E350
I may not know what I am doing, but I am having fun doing it!

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Looks like the one on my range hood in my MH. Don't know make or model.
Is there any numbers on the circuit board?
Are you getting any 12-volts DC to the board?
What about on the white label?

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker