cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

RV Wholesalers - reviews/opinions wanted

way2roll
Nomad III
Nomad III
In my search for our next RV I came across a great deal at RV wholesalers. They came in about 10% less than my local dealer's best deal. They're about 10 hrs away but $12k is a lot of money to save and worth the drive. But I haven't heard the best opinions so far, however their google reviews are actually pretty good. At the end of the day I am not sure I care. I won't be taking it there for service and I have dealers here who have worked on my current rig and I haven't bought from them either. They do claim to have a nationwide network of service areas but that could be a lot of lip service. I love my local dealer but they don't have the unit I want and if they got it it would be a lot more money. I've driven for the best deal before and just dealt with local dealers for warranty work. So any opinions on RVW and does it matter if they are just the sale?
2023 FR Sunseeker 2400B MBS
10 REPLIES 10

way2roll
Nomad III
Nomad III
Thanks for all the replies. Ended up making a deal with a more local dealer - the same place I bought the FW. They offered me a great deal on my trade and beat everyone else's price on the new unit (with the exception of RVW - they wouldn't deal on my trade). Local dealer said it was because I was a repeat customer - I don't care if that's true or not, but they treated me good the first time and so far treating me well now. Drop my trade and pick up the new unit Saturday. And to boot a local car dealer offered me my full asking price on my truck (which is more than I paid new 2 years ago) Times are odd. To think I'd get close to what I paid on the FW and more than I paid on the truck is odd for sure. But I'm not complaining.

Benny37
Explorer
Explorer
Quadcab wrote:
RV Wholesalers? First of all, they are not a wholesaler at all. Th

That is correct. In a lot of states the word wholesale can not be used by a business by law, unless said business is a legitimate wholesale business. Ohio is not one of them hence RV Wholesalers, Jeff Couch RV Nation, Wholesale RV club, and a host of others.

How do they do it? RV wholesalers in Lakeview OH is 160 miles from where the RV's they sell are made. Right off the bat there is a savings of @ $800 to $1000 in shipping alone. Then they have the finance deal as others have mentioned. To get the best price you have to enter into that agreement and keep it for X amount of time until they get their kickback.

The bottom line is they're all just dealers the same as any other. If youre willing to travel to Ohio, why not just negotiate with dealers located in northern Indiana where the RV's are made? Wana RV comes to mind in Shipshewana IN. There are too many others to list, and any of them can beat RVW's prices.

Dtank
Explorer
Explorer
Quadcab wrote:
RV Wholesalers? First of all, they are not a wholesaler at all. They offer discounted pricing to draw people in from all over the country, and then you MUST finance with their people to get the "deal". Things may have changed since I dealt with them over 10 years ago, but the one thing I would say is never ever special order a unit from them. Our experience was disappointing to say the least - wrong cabinet wood, no PDI to speak of, wrong interior color scheme, many interior quality issues. After waiting months for this particular unit & travelling over 5 hours to get there, I did not stand my ground like I should have and took the TT home. The lack of communication between the salesmen there and us led to most of our issues - they could have been dealt with much sooner over the phone or via text/email. I know others have had a much better experience with them, but as for me and my family, never again!

I was about to travel to RV Wholesalers.....but then I learned ANY dealer can be a "wholesaler" - IF the dealer chooses to do so.

Soooo.... I "shopped" numerous dealers (no distance limitations) for the best deal on EXACTLY what I wanted. When you find the price/dealer who wants your business.....you must decide is it worth the savings to travel -or- not??

Now - "re-shop" your local dealers. Will the local dealer meet or beat your "benchmark" price? Or come close to it?

I'm in CA and my experience is opposite of quadcab's post. I traveled to Montana to complete the purchase once I had a contract in hand. Minimal deposit.

The dealer used a mobile RV service for the PDI, which was very thorough. The DW and I spent two nights on the dealers lot - then a week at a local campground. I did call the mobile RV once during that time - which was simply something (mechanical) which I didn't understand. My bad! Prompt response -no charge- all well.

At that time Jayco had a 2-year factory warranty, which I never needed. Would I do the same again - You Bet !!

Caveat: The above applies if you are ORDERING the RV you want. If you must "have it now" - a unit on the dealers lot, you are in direct competition with everyone/anyone who also may wish to "negotiate" for that unit. Sometimes that may work out OK (to your satisfaction) - but you probably will pay more.
Happy hunting.

:B ..:B..

~

Quadcab
Explorer II
Explorer II
RV Wholesalers? First of all, they are not a wholesaler at all. They offer discounted pricing to draw people in from all over the country, and then you MUST finance with their people to get the "deal". Things may have changed since I dealt with them over 10 years ago, but the one thing I would say is never ever special order a unit from them. Our experience was disappointing to say the least - wrong cabinet wood, no PDI to speak of, wrong interior color scheme, many interior quality issues. After waiting months for this particular unit & travelling over 5 hours to get there, I did not stand my ground like I should have and took the TT home. The lack of communication between the salesmen there and us led to most of our issues - they could have been dealt with much sooner over the phone or via text/email. I know others have had a much better experience with them, but as for me and my family, never again!
Quadcab
2018 Titan XD 5.6 V8 Kingcab
2018 PT Crusader Lite 28RL

way2roll
Nomad III
Nomad III
southernsky wrote:
We have wholesale warranties and very satisfied. Have had them on our last three rigs

Is that the same as RV wholesalers the dealer?

southernsky
Explorer
Explorer
We have wholesale warranties and very satisfied. Have had them on our last three rigs
2022 Renegade Super C
2020 Ford Ranger 4x4 Sport

opnspaces
Navigator
Navigator
I remember a few years ago RV Wholesalers were coming up on many posts and people on here were very positive about buying from them. Then as happens in Forums the posts about them just dried up and went away.

I will say I can't remember any posts that were negative about the buying experience.
2001 Suburban 4x4. 6.0L, 4.10 3/4 ton **** 2005 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH **** 1986 Coleman Columbia Popup

way2roll
Nomad III
Nomad III
fj12ryder wrote:
When we bought our last 5th wheel we didn't buy locally, however we talked to the local dealer about servicing our 5th wheel if we bought it elsewhere, and they had no issues with it, and actually did some warranty work when a recall came in.

Just spoke with my local dealer, family owned business with the nicest folks. I told them as much as I want to buy from them, I can't buy what you don't have and then broached the subject about service if I buy from another dealer. They said they have no issues but do put their customers first. Makes sense.

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
When we bought our last 5th wheel we didn't buy locally, however we talked to the local dealer about servicing our 5th wheel if we bought it elsewhere, and they had no issues with it, and actually did some warranty work when a recall came in.

We put $500 down, with the understanding we would not be moving forward in the purchase process if we found issues that we couldn't get resolved. We towed our old 5th wheel down there, did a 4 hour PDI and had all the minor issues fixed and transferred all our stuff at their campground onsite.

We had a very favorable experience, but YMMV.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

ronharmless
Explorer
Explorer
You have time on your side, why not negotiate with your local dealer using the price you have from RVw as a bargaining chip. You have time, ordering it is not a big deal; looks like you have a 2020 you can use for 6 months.