cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Skull Island, TN

garmp
Explorer II
Explorer II
Planning a week at Skull Island Campground, north of Chattanooga. Looks to be a pretty nice place with a very interesting name. It is a TVA park, which generally are nice, and has good reviews. My question is, if anyone is familiar with it, are there any good eateries, or interesting places near by.
Thanks
Our 2351D Phoenix Cruiser, Jack, has turned us from campers into RVers and loving it!
3 REPLIES 3

ken56
Explorer
Explorer
garmp wrote:
Thanks Ken. We pulled the trigger & made reservations for the first week in May. We'll see.
We're still researching eateries and such in the area, but there doesn't seem to be a lot to choose from. Guess we'' bring the old Cobb grill and cook our own.

First week in May?? You will be missing the National Cornbread Festival in South Pittsburgh TN. It's just west of Chattanooga. Might be a 45 minute drive from Skull Island. It is April 29 and 30th. We are going this year again and will be staying in the Cleveland KOA. IF YOU CAN try to come a couple days earlier and go to the festival, it's a great time and the cornbread is very creative and delicious.

South Pittsburgh is where the Lodge cast iron cookware foundry is and they open it up for public tours. It is a must do if you can. You might ask....how big can a cornbread festival be you say? They close off main street in town and party for the weekend with live music on 2 stages and the cornbread competition and all sorts of vendors. It's big. We enjoyed it so much we had to go back this year. Look up their website.

garmp
Explorer II
Explorer II
Thanks Ken. We pulled the trigger & made reservations for the first week in May. We'll see.
We're still researching eateries and such in the area, but there doesn't seem to be a lot to choose from. Guess we'' bring the old Cobb grill and cook our own.
Our 2351D Phoenix Cruiser, Jack, has turned us from campers into RVers and loving it!

ken56
Explorer
Explorer
I've been through Harrison Bay just south of Skull Island and it was a nice park so I think that one would be similar. The TVA parks are usually well kept and nice. I love TN state parks too.