Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Extinction of Fossil Fuels

SpeakEasy
Explorer
Explorer
Fact #1: RV'ers rely on propane.

Fact #2: Propane, as currently formulated, is a fossil fuel.

Fact #3: The fossil fuel industry is in the crosshairs of the climate change cult.

Opinion #1: If we sit back and watch it happen, we will soon be facing legislation that will make RV-ing, as we've known it, impossible, because all fossil fuels will be extinct.

If you don't believe me, just look at what we saw last week in terms of the trial balloon of making gas stoves extinct. You may think that particular issue just blew over, but here in New York State, our governor is seriously moving in that direction. With one-party rule here, I don't see anything that is going to stop her. Then, what will be her next target?

So -

Q#1: Is there anything we can do to protect our beloved RVing?

Q#2: If propane is no longer possible, what will power our RV's?

-Speak
It's just Mrs. SpeakEasy and me now (empty-nesters). But we can choose from among 7 grandchildren to drag along with us!

2014 F-150 Super Crew Short Bed 3.5L Ecoboost
2014 Flagstaff Micro Lite 23LB
8 REPLIES 8

dedmiston
Aw man. I hate so much having to do this...

Personally, I'd love to foster this discussion and let it run, but I have to wear my Admin hat. This topic is political from the git-go and I have to close it.

Sorry folks.

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch โ€ข 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") โ€ข <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

TurnThePage
Explorer
Explorer
Non-issue. It'll take a loooong time for this particular sky to fall.
2015 Ram 1500
2022 Grand Design Imagine XLS 22RBE

Chum_lee
Explorer
Explorer
Support your favorite industry lobbyists. That's their job to contact targeted politicians and make their opinions known. No matter what the industry, these people walk the halls of congress daily trying to bend whatever ears they can. Whether it's propane, (fossil fuels) fast food, or tobacco, THEY ARE ALREADY THERE!

Chum lee

shelbyfv
Explorer
Explorer
From what I read, fewer than 10% of US adults (and more importantly zero% climate scientists) are still climate change deniers/fossil fuel proponents. It seems clear that RVers will need to eventually adapt to evolving energy use. My WAG is we'll be RVing much as we are for at least 10 or 15 years which should cover it for most of us. Relax.

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
JMO, but if they need a generator, they aren't electric only. Last time I checked generators don't run on electricity. ๐Ÿ™‚
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
There are several, mostly high end, RV's on the market today that are electric only. Between solar panels and large battery banks, plus a suitable generator, they seem to manage quite well between park stops.
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

larry_cad
Explorer
Explorer
What you say is so true, yet there is very little we can do about this except to vote, and hope the elected persons are smart enough to understand what is going on, and move in the right direction.
Today is my personal best for most consecutive days alive.

Our Travel Blog

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
also, no more campfires.
bumpy