cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Wall socket Power in forward bedroom off

tourusa
Explorer
Explorer
Hi all I have a fifth wheel and Al the power went out except for the ceiling in the main bedroom around the nose and slide and ideas the 15 amp breaker is on and the gfi in the bathroom is on

The 12 volt lighting is working any ideas where to check
Currently coast to coast
F350 dually 2020
2020 Vanleigh Pinecrest 392MBP
B&W Companion OEM 5th Wheel Hitch for Ford Super Duty Prep Package - Dual Jaw - 25,000 lbs
ITEM # BWRVK3305
7 REPLIES 7

tourusa
Explorer
Explorer
Hi Iโ€™ve tried this and setup a new post with more details
Currently coast to coast
F350 dually 2020
B&W Companion OEM 5th Wheel Hitch for Ford Super Duty Prep Package - Dual Jaw - 25,000 lbs
ITEM # BWRVK3305

nickthehunter
Nomad II
Nomad II
MarkTwain wrote:
tourusa wrote:
Hi all I have a fifth wheel and Al the power went out except for the ceiling in the main bedroom around the nose and slide and ideas the 15 amp breaker is on and the gfi in the bathroom is on

Yes, Unplug your electrical plug from the trailer and clean the trailer connections on the side of your trailer and then use some steel wool to clean connectors on the electrical cord. Blow out any debris. Plug in the electrical cord and remove, do it about 3 times. Then plug it back in. This should solve your problem.
That's a good possibility. Sounds to me like you should be looking for a loose/barely holding on connection. Try pulling all the receptacles out of the boxes (if they have one) in the bedroom and check the connections.

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
try turning off all circuit breakers in the rig applying light pressure toward off, then turn on main breaker (if equipped) followed by branch breakers one at a time.
How are you connecting to the rig? 30 or 50 amp? any adapters?

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

tourusa
Explorer
Explorer
Hi I had the washing machine on before all the power sockets in the bedroom stopped on another forum I was told could be the washing machine which rattled the wires out of the back of one of the sockets
Currently coast to coast
F350 dually 2020
ITEM # BWRVK3305

MarkTwain
Explorer
Explorer
tourusa wrote:

Yes, Unplug your electrical plug from the trailer and clean the trailer connections on the side of your trailer and then use some steel wool to clean connectors on the electrical cord. Blow out any debris. Plug in the electrical cord and remove, do it about 3 times. Then plug it back in. This should solve your problem.

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Most lighting in rigs is 12-volts DC.
You won't be looking for fuses and not circuit breaker.
Chance that the power umbilical cord under the slide has pulled loose.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

tourusa
Explorer
Explorer
The weird thing is I plugged in a led light and it lights dim and flickers
Currently coast to coast
F350 dually 2020
ITEM # BWRVK3305