Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Need some help troublshooting this issue

moonlitsouls
Explorer
Explorer
Hope all is well everyone , long time.

in the span of a week , i had 3 seperate issues requiring repar in my truck camper , two are minor and easily fixable , but im having trouble with this

in this photo , you will see the main control panel in my RV , i use this to turn on my water pump , it also has a display to show the state of the blank and grey tanks and it also shows the battery voltage

Issue one:
- the display no longer displays anything , its just dark grey and wont show any picture
- the water pump will not turn on

I can turn on the porch light and the entry light , so those two lights do still have power and i can turn them on fully from the display , but the water pump will not turn on , and the display button itself will not show anything

I am without water not for weeks because of this and ive been too busy to rectify this but its starting to become a big problem now. Pls tell me your thoughts?

I think the pump might be bad because it froze up last month and i heart it kind of struggling to work, not sure if the pump and the display issue are related

6 REPLIES 6

mkirsch
Nomad II
Nomad II
moonlitsouls wrote:
Guys all I had to do was remove the fuse and put it back on and itโ€™s working ! Thanks a lot

Sounds like it may never have been seated properly to begin with and bounced loose going down the road.

At least the fuse wasn't blown. Fuses hardly ever just blow for no reason.

Putting 10-ply tires on half ton trucks since aught-four.

moonlitsouls
Explorer
Explorer
Guys all I had to do was remove the fuse and put it back on and itโ€™s working ! Thanks a lot

greenno
Explorer
Explorer
You do know that you have a regular fuse panel somewhere for your 12vdc feeds.
Those are just switches there is no overload or short circuit protection they just turn on/off those devices labeled.

Not sure what camper you have but it would be a good idea to familiarize yourself with the different systems in your rig. You know plumbing, electrical 12vdc, 120vac, mechanical etc.
Maybe your tank tender is fed from the same fuse that feeds your H2o pump.

I think you said your pump was struggling previous to them not working.
Maybe there's a reset button for the pump or probably you pop'ed the fuse.
Easy fix good luck.

opnspaces
Navigator
Navigator
Send a picture of the front of the multimeter too.
2001 Suburban 4x4. 6.0L, 4.10 3/4 ton **** 2005 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH **** 1986 Coleman Columbia Popup

moonlitsouls
Explorer
Explorer
opnspaces wrote:
I'm guessing a fuse somewhere. Do you have a meter? If you pull the panel out is there 12v on one side of the water pump switch? If so does the 12v jump to the other side when you turn the switch on?

Are you able to get a picture of the back of the panel?

yes i removed the panel and ill take a photo as soon as i get home , thanks for your reply. i do have a multimeter but i need to get a better understanding of what i need to do , once i share the photo hopefully that will help you guide me , thank you

opnspaces
Navigator
Navigator
I'm guessing a fuse somewhere. Do you have a meter? If you pull the panel out is there 12v on one side of the water pump switch? If so does the 12v jump to the other side when you turn the switch on?

Are you able to get a picture of the back of the panel?
2001 Suburban 4x4. 6.0L, 4.10 3/4 ton **** 2005 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH **** 1986 Coleman Columbia Popup