cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tiffin Sealant Question

jaycocamper6230
Explorer
Explorer
What type of sealant to use on the roof of our 2011 Tiffin Phaeton? It has the fiberglass gelcoat roof. There are places where i want to touch up/add to the factory sealant. The second project is installing a Starlink Mobile roof top antenna. Any help getting the right stuff would be appreciated. I saw a video not to use Dicor but instead use Nuflex 311???
8 REPLIES 8

wjschill
Explorer
Explorer
Tiffin uses a silicone base sealant.

Dicor will not stick to silicone.

Watch AZ Expert on You-Tube. he covers this many times, by showing how the Dicor fails to seal over silicone.

Good Luck.

Skip
KillingTime

Bruce_Brown
If we knew NuFlex was currently there we all could have given a better answer. :W

So Dicor isn't a bad sealant, just not compatible with NuFlex.

Thanks for the info.
There are 24 hours in every day - it all depends on how you choose to use them.
Bruce & Jill Brown
2008 Kountry Star Pusher 3910

jaycocamper6230
Explorer
Explorer
You cannot put Dicor on top of NuFlex311 or CSL515. You gotta know what the manufacturer used. Different chemistry can be antagonistic

Bruce_Brown
way2roll wrote:
jaycocamper62301 wrote:
No a RV roof inspector did. Since over 100 people read this and no positive responses i have taken the time to research. If i would have used dicor it would have been a waste of time and money.

Why is Dicor a waste of time and money? It's probably the widest accepted and used rv caulk on the market.

I'd like to know why as well. Obviously the OP has learned something we do not know. Seriously, please let us know what you found out!
Bruce & Jill Brown

way2roll
Nomad III
Nomad III
jaycocamper62301 wrote:
No a RV roof inspector did. Since over 100 people read this and no positive responses i have taken the time to research. If i would have used dicor it would have been a waste of time and money.

Why is Dicor a waste of time and money? It's probably the widest accepted and used rv caulk on the market.
2023 FR Sunseeker 2400B MBS

Tom_Barb
Explorer
Explorer
I've had good results with Flexseal . be certain it's clean before you apply.
2000 Newmar mountain aire 4081 DP, ISC/350 Allison 6 speed, Wrangler JL toad.

jaycocamper6230
Explorer
Explorer

Bruce_Brown
Did Nuflex put out the video?

Just wondering as Dicor has always been good.
Bruce & Jill Brown