cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

My 23 year old Dometic fridge pukes yellow stuff...

bigfootford
Nomad
Nomad
Well this fridge has really been a great soldier. 23 years of keeping things cold it finally gave up. Our Bigfoot has traveled over 200,000 miles on two different f250's over those 23 years.

Over the years I have replaced the circuit board because the flame out retry on the OEM board sucks.
I got the Dinosaur Board... EXCELLENT. I replaced the igniter and thermocouple. I have cleaned the burner many times. That is it!
So I ended up getting what I presume is an OEM or aftermarket cooling unit for this fridge an RM2652. I really thought I was getting an Amish one... Long story...
I am extremely pleased with the performance of the new cooling unit so far. I have been tracking the cooling temps of both the fridge and freezer compartment and it is doing very good.
I have watched CITAP1's/Camper_Jeff_&_Kelli's fridge cooling unit replacement and I was expecting to deal with the same fit issues with my new cooling unit. HAW, I did not have to cut or modify anything. The cooling unit fit exactly.

The only cutting we, my son Seth and I had to do was the Bigfoot's dinette fwd bench seat. You will see in the pictures what we had to do. It was not too bad and went back together perfectly. With the fridge sitting there it was hard to get around..hahhaaa.

I am not going to post all the pictures here but if you want to see some of the pictures here is a link to my Album of the project.
You can click on each picture and see my comments.

Bigfootford's RM2652 cooling unit replacement.

Jim.
2000 2500 9.6 Bigfoot,94 F250, Vision 19.5, Bilstein shocks, air bags/pump, EU2000, PD 9260, Two Redodo 100ah Mini's, Aims 2500 Conv/Inv, 200W. solar, Morningstar Sunsaver 15A/ display panel, Delorme/laptop for travel, Wave-3 heat.
1 REPLY 1

Fulltimers
Explorer
Explorer
23 years is fantastic. I am on my 3rd cooling unit on my 20 year old unit.
Fulltimers
Fulltimers Weblog

2003 Rexhall Aerbus 3550BSL
W-22 Workhorse
2005 Saturn Vue (Mr. Toad)
3.5L V6 Automatic