cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Recurve R3 vs Equalizer E2

penguin149
Explorer
Explorer
I currently have an Equalizer E2 hitch for my 6,000# (or so) 24 foot TT. I've found a Recurve R3 hitch for sale and wondering if it would be an upgrade. The E2 functions reasonably well but is noisy. Any experience with the R3 hitch? Recurve R3
2021 Nissan Titan Pro-4X 5.6L V8 4WD - 2019 Keystone Bullet 243BHS
6 REPLIES 6

penguin149
Explorer
Explorer
bikendan wrote:
Have you looked into the Bracket Jackets for the E4 Equal-i-zer WDH?

I have a set on the way! This downtime (ie. no camping) is killing my bank account! ๐Ÿ˜„

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
I bet the E4 will work awesome! Since ya kinda donโ€™t need a wdh anywayโ€ฆ.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

bikendan
Explorer
Explorer
penguin149 wrote:
OP here. Well....I hate winter because I have too much time to sit and think about stuff that I may or may not need! I found a one year old E4 hitch for $325 and will be installing it in the Spring! Will sell my E2 to help cover some of the upgrade cost. Probably not gonna help with the noise situation but should be an improvement in handling.

Have you looked into the Bracket Jackets for the E4 Equal-i-zer WDH?
Dan- Firefighter, Retired:C, Shawn- Musician/Entrepreneur:W, Zoe- Faithful Golden Retriever(RIP:(), 2014 Ford F150 3.5 EcoboostMax Tow pkg, 2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255 w/4pt Equalizer and 5 Mtn. bikes and 2 Road bikes

penguin149
Explorer
Explorer
OP here. Well....I hate winter because I have too much time to sit and think about stuff that I may or may not need! I found a one year old E4 hitch for $325 and will be installing it in the Spring! Will sell my E2 to help cover some of the upgrade cost. Probably not gonna help with the noise situation but should be an improvement in handling.

katysdad
Explorer
Explorer
Keep the bars clean and greased well where they go in the hitch. A shot of WD40 on the bars at the L brackets and I don't get any noise.
Dodge Ram 3500 DRW Diesel

propchef
Explorer
Explorer
Some like the tapered springs of the R3 to give a bit more flex at the extremes, like over bumps and up driveways. We have the E2. No upgrade, just different.