cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

2023 F550 Order Options

SoonDockin
Explorer II
Explorer II
Ford has still not updated the website for online configuration. I see some have been able to order. My question is will trim levels above mid Lariat be available now?
2022 Ram Laramie 5500 60" CA New pic soon
2018 Arctic Fox 1140 Dry Bath
Sold 2019 Ford F450 King Ranch (was a very nice truck)
5 REPLIES 5

SoonDockin
Explorer II
Explorer II
I feel the F450 had a bit tighter turning radius since it has a slightly shorter wheelbase. I am not disappointed with the Ram yet but honestly I have only done one trip. Over the next few weeks I will get more time to gain more experience. Since I bought it, it has pretty much sat as I had other projects to focus on.

BigToe
Explorer
Explorer
SoonDockin wrote:
No I will be keeping my Ram 5500. Too much invested in it. My only real complaint with it is it does not track as well as my F450. I will be taking it in for an alignment soon and that should help. I was just curious if Ford finally will have more features for F550's. Being a long time Ford guy switching to Ram has been a bit weird.

How does the turning radius feel to you comparing your 2022 5500 Ram to your 2017-2019 Ford F-450?

I realize that there are a few small differences in AF, CA, WB, and WCA dimensions between the two trucks, but what I am curious about is how the steering maneuverability differences feel in your hand, now that you have had sufficient experience operating both vehicles.

Which vehicle do you prefer turning around in?

SoonDockin
Explorer II
Explorer II
No I will be keeping my Ram 5500. Too much invested in it. My only real complaint with it is it does not track as well as my F450. I will be taking it in for an alignment soon and that should help. I was just curious if Ford finally will have more features for F550's. Being a long time Ford guy switching to Ram has been a bit weird.

Maybe in 5 years or so I might consider switching back. But more likely I will be used to the Ram and happy with it.

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
Tradin in again?
Dodge the wrong color or??
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

4x4ord
Explorer III
Explorer III
My dealer told me they placed an order for a Platinum for me back in December. Ford wonโ€™t start building the higher trim levels till, I think, April.
2023 F350 SRW Platinum short box 4x4.
B&W Companion
2008 Citation Platinum XL 34.5