cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Couch ripped out of wall

Lanab
Explorer
Explorer
I have Thor toy hauler and one end of the couch was ripped out of the wall. It looks like a 2 foot piece of square tubing just in there that the couch is screwed to! So am I to believe that the thin piece of Luan plywood holds that up? I see styrofoam behind that!
4 REPLIES 4

lenr
Explorer II
Explorer II
Impressed that someone actually found tubing to screw to, although aluminum doesn't "bite" well. Walls are actually held together with screws into wood inserted into the tubing. I've experienced a lot of things screwed into only 3/32" paneling. That doesn't last long on our awful roads.

lenr
Explorer II
Explorer II
Impressed that someone actually found tubing to screw to, although aluminum doesn't "bite" well. Walls are actually held together with screws into wood inserted into the tubing. I've experienced a lot of things screwed into only 3/32" paneling. That doesn't last long on our awful roads.

bullmastifflove
Explorer
Explorer
If you open it up, I would love to see pictures. We have a 2002 Thor TH and our sofas are fine so far. We have one window by the rear door that leaks and we've had to go in and rebuild due to water damage. We ended up painting the luan board a solid color so that we could hide the fix. Always interesting to see what's behind that luan board.
2001 F350 7.3 PSD 4x4
2002 Thor Tahoe Transport 33TB
2004 2332 VW sandrail, 4 seat, long travel
1993 Grumman 14' fishing boat

msmith1_wa
Explorer
Explorer
On the Thor that I used to have the couches were attached to that aluminum frame with lag bolts and had the same problem you have. I ended up installing nutserts.
2003 Silverado 2500HD 4x4 8.1l
2016 Evergreen Amped 28FS