Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I Am At The Quartzsite Truck Camper Rally One Minute Video

Camper_Jeff___K
Nomad II
Nomad II
Quartzsite Truck Camper Rally One Minute 360 View
Currently enjoying 30 mph winds + gusts. Daytime temps are very comfortable, 70ish +/-
Official kickoff is the 8th.
Say hi if you notice me.
Jeff
9 REPLIES 9

Camper_Jeff___K
Nomad II
Nomad II
The TC Rally was a lot of fun. I showed up with a group of five other TCers and 1 Vanner. I have a few videos from the rally waiting to be edited. Some walk throughs and a couple walk arounds looking at various rigs. I did not attend any seminars but a couple of the others in my group did, I think the Diesel one. Four of us did manage to attend the dessert social. Very tasty! The concert was good. We were close enough to enjoy it from our camp. I spent a good amount of time walking about and meeting folks. I'm terrible with names but we did have a great time meeting Phil, 3 tons and others. There is one couple who came by to say hi and I apologize I was distracted by others when you came by and wasn't able to give you my full attention you deserved. I have already posted other videos during my stay in the Quartzsite area but have not posted them here. When I get the Rally videos ready, I'll share them here. So again, my group agrees, the rally was a great success and a lot of fun, we all plan to attend again next year. I highly recommend and thank Mike for putting it on.

Mello_Mike
Explorer
Explorer
Official report:

Truck Camper Adventure Rally Sets Record With 332 Truck Campers
2016 Northstar Laredo SC/240w Solar/2-6v Lifeline AGMs/Dometic CR110 DC Compressor Fridge
2013 Ram 3500 4x4/6.7L Cummins TD/3.42/Buckstop Bumper with Warn 16.5ti Winch/Big Wig Rear Sway Bar/Talons w/SS Fastguns
My Rig
1998 Jeep Wrangler
US Navy Ret.

MORSNOW
Navigator
Navigator
Most made posts live or right before leaving Quartzite on Facebook.
2014 Wolf Creek 850SB
2012 GMC Sierra SLT 2500HD 7,220# Truck/10,400# Camper Fully Loaded

daily_double
Explorer
Explorer
Maybe they haven't sobered up yet

sljohnson1938
Explorer
Explorer
HEY- what was the rally like???

today is Wednesday Feb 15th and nothing has been posted about it.
1999 Dodge 3500 CTD dually
Ham radio - WU4S

freddypinak
Nomad
Nomad
Camper_Jeff_&_Kelli wrote:
freddypinak wrote:
We finish packing today and plan to be there tomorrow. Looking forward to the event. This will be our first time attending a rally. Guess you would call us "Rally Rookies" even though we have over 20 years of truck camping experience 🙂 Camped throughout Canada and have several trips up and down the Alaska Highway.

The rally should be fun!

My guess, this'll be a cinch for you. Prepare to enjoy, bring your smiles.

Looking forward to this and hope to see you both. One problem left to solve -- where to watch the Super Bowl. Can't pack our 60" TV in our Lance SquireLite :B
2006 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD 4x4
1998 Lance SquireLite 165

gregchambers
Explorer
Explorer
We are staying the night at Mayflower County park just outside of Blythe, Ca for tonight and then plan to be there around noon tomorrow for checkin. Should be fun!

Camper_Jeff___K
Nomad II
Nomad II
freddypinak wrote:
We finish packing today and plan to be there tomorrow. Looking forward to the event. This will be our first time attending a rally. Guess you would call us "Rally Rookies" even though we have over 20 years of truck camping experience 🙂 Camped throughout Canada and have several trips up and down the Alaska Highway.

The rally should be fun!

My guess, this'll be a cinch for you. Prepare to enjoy, bring your smiles.

freddypinak
Nomad
Nomad

The rally should be fun!
2006 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD 4x4
1998 Lance SquireLite 165