cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What Truck Dealerships do you recommend.

SweetLou
Explorer
Explorer
Honestly, I really tried to search for the information from previous posts but I was not finding the information. My apologies, but I have a buddy who is looking to buy a new truck. Dave Smith is not the Dave Smith of old, but it had been mentioned before about some dealer in I believe Pocatello Id, and also a broker out of Washington or Oregon who finds you a truck. Also, if there are any recommendations for dealers that tend to deal it would greatly be appreciated.
2013 3500 Cummins 6.7 Quadcab 4x4 3.73 68FE Trans, 2007 HitchHiker Discover America 329 RSB
We love our Westie
9 REPLIES 9

C_Schomer
Explorer
Explorer
I haven't bought a new Dodge for 25 years but BF-Iowa/Harlan, beat the pants off of the Denver dealers. It was fun taking the Iowa quotes to the Denver dealers and watch them throw a tantrum! Craig
2012 Dodge 3500 DRW CCLB 4wd, custom hauler bed.
2008 Sunnybrook Titan 30 RKFS Morryde and Disc brakes
WILL ROGERS NEVER MET JOE BIDEN!

wowens79
Explorer III
Explorer III
Give Granger Ford in Granger Iowa a call. They sold 2022 Super Duty's at 2% below invoice, and only a $200 dealer fee. My F-350 was $7k below sticker. They were super easy to deal with. About 3 emails and a $1000 deposit, and it was ordered. They called when it came in, and I flew from ATL to Des Moine, they picked me up at the airport, and had all the paperwork ready. Demo'd the truck, and 5 minutes in the office for paperwork and we were on the way home.

They also have a RAM dealer, but I'm not sure what kind of deals they make on those.

It was well work the flight and the wife and I enjoyed the drive home. Even with travel expenses, it saved about $6k over my local dealers.
2022 Ford F-350 7.3l
2002 Chevy Silverado 1500HD 6.0l 268k miles (retired)
2016 Heritage Glen 29BH
2003 Flagstaff 228D Pop Up

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
ScottG wrote:
There are no good RAM or FCA dealers in W. Wa. state where I live.

None with the good truck deals anyway. Ever.
But that’s not really a thing here on the wet side until everyone has huge msrp discounts.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

Thermoguy
Explorer II
Explorer II
Based on the last couple years, any dealer that will sell at MSRP is doing pretty good by you. Mine is a few years old now, but I paid about MSRP, but the free oil changes for life have paid off. Buying local vs saving a few bucks up front has been good for me. Not to mention going in for warranty work and not getting the run around because you didn't buy from them.

Years back I bought a John Deere in OR (no sales tax) it had issues out of the gate, took it to the local dealer and they wouldn't honor the warranty because I didn't buy it from them. I had to take it back to OR. I now own a Kubota.

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
There are no good RAM or FCA dealers in W. Wa. state where I live.

SweetLou
Explorer
Explorer
There was a guy that people on the forum used as a broker that would find you a truck. I can't find his name through searches however he was either in Oregon or Westside Washington.
2013 3500 Cummins 6.7 Quadcab 4x4 3.73 68FE Trans, 2007 HitchHiker Discover America 329 RSB
We love our Westie

IdaD
Explorer
Explorer
Dennis Dillon had the best pricing on Rams when I bought my truck back in 2015 but that was quite a while ago. Dave Smith had some of the higher pricing I found.
2015 Cummins Ram 4wd CC/SB

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
I see some Portland area dealers who do the bigger discounts like you’d expect from a Dillon or Dave Smith as well.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

j3ff9ack
Explorer
Explorer
If you are looking for a RAM, look at Dennis Dillon in Caldwell, ID.

https://www.dennisdillon.com/dealers/dennis-dillon-chrysler-dodge-jeep-ram/

They are usually competitive - but in this market, that might be a leap...
2007 Jayco JayFlight 27.5 RKS
2014 RAM 3500 SRW CC CTD 68RFE