Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visible wants me to upgrade to new plan

Ramblin__Ralph
Explorer
Explorer
Yesterday I got an email from Visible that said this:
We’re moving our valued members (that’s you!) onto our upgraded network. It’s faster and more reliable. So you’ll have all the unlimited data you have now, but with improved performance. Still $25/mo, taxes & fees included.

I've been on the old plan for about a year for $25. I think I might wait and see if they force me to change.

Anybody else get an email like this?
Ralph
2006 GMC 2500HD, XCab, SB, 6.0L w/2001 Lance 845
Bilstein Shocks, TorkLift Stable Loads, 100 Ah LiFePo4, 225 watt solar
My RV Travels Webpage / Yearly Campsite Map / 740 Campsites / YouTube Videos /
Instagram
22 REPLIES 22

Ramblin__Ralph
Explorer
Explorer
I upgraded about a week ago. Fortunately, no problems. Haven't noticed any improvement yet, but I'm not a heavy user of Net things with it. So, not much opportunity for before/after comparison.
Ralph
2006 GMC 2500HD, XCab, SB, 6.0L w/2001 Lance 845
Bilstein Shocks, TorkLift Stable Loads, 100 Ah LiFePo4, 225 watt solar
My RV Travels Webpage / Yearly Campsite Map / 740 Campsites / YouTube Videos /
Instagram

MrWizard
I did the upgrade 3 weeks ago and ran into a snag the phone showed no service had no calls and no internet
Luckily I was able to reach visible via WiFi internet from my T mobile service, and the online service rep was able to straighten out whatever it was in my account that got messed up during the switch, service had been faultless since then , I broke the display on my Moto G Pure, and replaced the phone with a Moto G Power 128gig storage 5000maHr battery, very happy with it
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

wiskeyVI
Explorer
Explorer
I ran into it when I logged in to the visible app..After hours of trying to get them to fix one of my accounts so I could buy another newer one on the new system to try out.
Then it dawned on me. I told the customer service chat person that it's probably easier just to open a new account with a new email....and it was!

I picked up a Midnight. It's faster than either of our others.

We'll see....

Finally, got my email requesting to switch to the new network. I guess if you're among the first to signup, you're the last to ask to upgrade. :h

Tom_M1
Explorer
Explorer
I just did the system upgrade yesterday and it went well. I have a Visible ZTE Blade 11 Prime which does not have 5G. My fears were that they would make me upgrade my phone but thankfully that was not the case.
Tom
2005 Born Free 24RB
170ah Renogy LiFePo4 drop-in battery 400 watts solar
Towing 2016 Mini Cooper convertible on tow dolly
Minneapolis, MN

Tom_M1
Explorer
Explorer
MrWizard wrote:
I am under the impression that Visible started as a virtual carrier using Verizon network and was later bought out by Verizon, Visible business address is in Colorado,
The following is from Wikipedia:

"Visible is an all-digital wireless carrier in the United States, offering unlimited text, talk, data, and hotspot, on Verizon’s 4G LTE and 5G NR Networks. It is owned by Verizon and was founded in 2018. The service supports Apple and Android devices. The service is cheaper than Verizon with the downside being service will be deprioritized if Verizon subscribers in the area are busy on the network, giving Verizon subscribers the faster connection."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visible_by_Verizon
Tom
2005 Born Free 24RB
170ah Renogy LiFePo4 drop-in battery 400 watts solar
Towing 2016 Mini Cooper convertible on tow dolly
Minneapolis, MN

MrWizard
I received the email, this phone is a Motorola G Pure, 4G 3G phone, (with an option to turn on 2G for emergency calls) I this Bought from visible when i switched, this is not a 5G phone, but it is a unlocked multiple carrier phone, that is GSM compatible , will work on any carrier by changing the sim. I have not done anything yet !

I am under the impression that Visible started as a virtual carrier using Verizon network and was later bought out by Verizon, Visible business address is in Colorado,
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

BarneyS
Explorer III
Explorer III
Have been with Visible since the beginning and decided to switch. I have a Galaxy S22. After filling in the info on their web page, I waited two or three days until the new sim came by mail. During that time, I was still on the old "party pay" plan.

I had no trouble at all making the switch. I immediately saw 5g after installing the new sim. It has been there since that time and I love the new service. I still pay only $25/month all in. No add-ons to the bill ever.
Barney
2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch (Sold)
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD, 1997 Ram 2500 5.9 gas engine

agesilaus
Explorer II
Explorer II
I understood that Visible was a spin off from Verozon forced when the did one of their mergers. It is run by ex-Verizon workers.
As for the phone you can buy one on Amazon or elsewhere and they will send you a SIM, assuming the phone is compatible. And the list of compatible phones is longer than what they sell.

I finally bit the bullet and switched to the new plan after getting the old network email. As always with Visible the patch was a PITA. Still do not know if I'm getting a new SIM, nothing arrived yesterday.

For a phone company their UI is archaic. You have to type in your email, and the keyboard does not show a @ sign nor .com on the alphabet front page. Their customer service is poor too. But they are cheap and reliable until the forced patches hit.
Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2018 RAM 2500 6.7L 4WD shortbed
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper

Danger_Don
Explorer
Explorer
toedtoes wrote:
Danger Don wrote:
toedtoes wrote:

I suspect that they will offer some perks to those stragglers in an attempt to keep them from going to ATT, etc.

Anyone on Visible is there for a reason. Seeing that the cheapest bottom of the line plan from AT&T is 40-50% more expensive than Visibles best plan per line, I don't see many Visible customers moving on to AT&T. AT&T and Verizon are both legalized highway robbery, and to be signed on with them you have to be a financial moron of the first order.

Visible is owned by Verizon. While it offers unlimited data, download speeds are slower, streaming capabilities are minimal, and speeds can slow down even more when traffic is congested.

So while it is a nice option for those who are doing simple email, texts, calls, and limited internet browsing, it is not a viable option for those who need or want to do more with their phones or who use their phone as a hotspot for work computer needs.

In addition, the phone choices are extremely limited, so if you don't want to buy overpriced apple or galaxy phones, you don't want this service.

Visible is a nice option for some, but it is not the One True Answer to mobile phone service.

Well no sheet? Thank for telling everyone what is common knowledge. Its cheaper because of all those reasons although the top of the line plans from both Verizon and AT&T both slow you down when things are congested. Furthermore unless you go with those top of the line plans from the big 2, and choose the middle or low tier plans, you are also streaming at 480, so not sure of the point you are trying to make. If Visible was exactly the same as Verizon's plans and service what point would there be for Verizon to even offer it?

Boscorelli
Explorer
Explorer
I got the email about the new system for both of my Visible phones. The new system is pushing the 5G network capabilities. Well, one of my phones can only use 4G networks, so I don't see any advantage to the "upgrade". Maybe if they offer me a trade-in for a 5G phone, then I'll jump onboard.

toedtoes
Explorer II
Explorer II
Danger Don wrote:
toedtoes wrote:

I suspect that they will offer some perks to those stragglers in an attempt to keep them from going to ATT, etc.

Anyone on Visible is there for a reason. Seeing that the cheapest bottom of the line plan from AT&T is 40-50% more expensive than Visibles best plan per line, I don't see many Visible customers moving on to AT&T. AT&T and Verizon are both legalized highway robbery, and to be signed on with them you have to be a financial moron of the first order.

Visible is owned by Verizon. While it offers unlimited data, download speeds are slower, streaming capabilities are minimal, and speeds can slow down even more when traffic is congested.

So while it is a nice option for those who are doing simple email, texts, calls, and limited internet browsing, it is not a viable option for those who need or want to do more with their phones or who use their phone as a hotspot for work computer needs.

In addition, the phone choices are extremely limited, so if you don't want to buy overpriced apple or galaxy phones, you don't want this service.

Visible is a nice option for some, but it is not the One True Answer to mobile phone service.
1975 American Clipper RV with Dodge 360 (photo in profile)
1998 American Clipper Fold n Roll Folding Trailer
Both born in Morgan Hill, CA to Irv Perch (Daddy of the Aristocrat trailers)

Danger_Don
Explorer
Explorer
toedtoes wrote:

toedtoes
Explorer II
Explorer II
I did read that Visible is doing away with their legacy network. Users are stating that when they do that, in three to six months from now, that anyone not moved to the new network will be dropped.

1975 American Clipper RV with Dodge 360 (photo in profile)
1998 American Clipper Fold n Roll Folding Trailer
Both born in Morgan Hill, CA to Irv Perch (Daddy of the Aristocrat trailers)