cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

It looks like my truck camper days are over.

specta
Explorer
Explorer

It appears that the water heater is what started the fire. I am thrilled that the entire camper didn't go up in flames.

Monday morning coming home from work I either had a mini stroke of some kind of seizure. I drove about 15 miles and woke up with my camper laying on its side next to my truck and the front wheels of my truck in the creek.

Here's where my camper was laying.

And here's where my truck was. I don't remember any of it.

Back in Jan during routine scans my brain MRI showed some new cancer, they think swelling from the cancer may have been what caused my problem.

I have appointments with my radiation oncologist and my neurologist on Tuesday to discuses the plan.

I am very grateful that I not seriously injured. Grateful that I went off the road where I did. Grateful to still be here.

I doubt that I will replace the truck or the camper. I might start looking for an "vintage" TT to tow behind my 1976 F-250.
Kenny
1996 Jayco 376FB Eagle Series TT
1997 Jayco 246FB Eagle Series TT
1976 Ford F-250 4wd Mercury Marauder 410 - 4V
Regular cabs. The best looking trucks.
49 REPLIES 49

MORSNOW
Navigator
Navigator
It's good to see you're on the road to recovery and hopefully you will still be able to do whatever you enjoy and makes you feel good inside!
2014 Wolf Creek 850SB
2012 GMC Sierra SLT 2500HD 7,220# Truck/10,400# Camper Fully Loaded

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
^ Moreso just glad to hear how well youโ€™re doing! Cheers spectra!
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

specta
Explorer
Explorer
Grit dog wrote:
Dude, a nice popup or small aluminum sided hardside TC would work great on the ole F250!
If you now didnโ€™t have matching campers!

Thanks Grit dog,
Neither one of those would be enough TC for me, my last one spoiled me.

Finding this Jayco was a fluke. I couldn't have found a "matching" TT if I had wanted one.:)
Kenny

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
Dude, a nice popup or small aluminum sided hardside TC would work great on the ole F250!
If you now didnโ€™t have matching campers!

specta
Explorer
Explorer
I wish my 76 was new. ๐Ÿ™‚

I did buy this one new, an F-250 Ranger XLT 4-wd back on June 8, 1979.
It was loaded and it cost me close to $8400.
Kenny

Oregun
Nomad
Nomad
You truck reminds me of my first truck, bought it new in 1976 F250.
Paid $5000, those were the good old days!
Hauled my first camper on it a 1968 Teardrop Royal Coachman and later a 30ft 5th wheel Prowler.

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
Good to see ya back in the saddle spectra!

notsobigjoe
Nomad III
Nomad III
specta wrote:
Thank you every one for the kind words and support.

Lets go camping. ๐Ÿ˜„

:B

specta
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you every one for the kind words and support.

Lets go camping. ๐Ÿ˜„
Kenny

specta
Explorer
Explorer
notsobigjoe wrote:
Look at the room under that hood!!!! WOW that brings back memories. How many sensors you think are on that motor? Maybe....... ZERO... LOL. Just having some fun. I'm glad your up and about and back on the road. If your interested, I had to push back the cochlear a few months because we had to go to NY and get dad out of assisted living and into full time care. We were going to bring him here to Florida but I'm the only one here and my sisters are in NY. It was a better choice. Ironically we are doing the exact same thing with her "wife's" mother about 6 miles down the road. I'll be 61 on July 6th and it will be my turn soon enough. Got out one time this year to the beach the rest has just been crazy.... Anyway, I'm so glad you are able to get another shot at life I hope the rest of us are as lucky. Take care and God Bless.
Joe

Just one sensor, the temperature sensor for the temp gauge.
And one in the gas tank for the gas gauge. LOL

Thanks Joe. Its tough when our parents get to that point. Mom was in an assisted living facility for about 1 year, dad was in a rehab place for about 2 weeks when he decided it was time. Dad made it to 92 and mom was 89. That was about 12 years ago. They pasted 6 months apart.

My 3 sisters al lived out of state so my brother and I took care of them. It was out turn.

I'll be 69 in a few more months. Pretty grateful that I have survived cancer and the accident. And the TT worked out great for me. I'm going camping n it later this week.
Kenny

cptqueeg
Explorer II
Explorer II
Good luck and hope you have a lot of fun with it!
2024 Chev 3500 CCLB Diesel
Four Wheel Camper Granby Shell

notsobigjoe
Nomad III
Nomad III
Look at the room under that hood!!!! WOW that brings back memories. How many sensors you think are on that motor? Maybe....... ZERO... LOL. Just having some fun. I'm glad your up and about and back on the road. If your interested, I had to push back the cochlear a few months because we had to go to NY and get dad out of assisted living and into full time care. We were going to bring him here to Florida but I'm the only one here and my sisters are in NY. It was a better choice. Ironically we are doing the exact same thing with her "wife's" mother about 6 miles down the road. I'll be 61 on July 6th and it will be my turn soon enough. Got out one time this year to the beach the rest has just been crazy.... Anyway, I'm so glad you are able to get another shot at life I hope the rest of us are as lucky. Take care and God Bless.
Joe

run100
Explorer
Explorer
Looks like a great find! Best of luck in the future. Wish we could share a toast together to commemorate your new beginning.
2012 F350,6.7L Diesel,4x4,CC,SB,SRW
2013 Lance 855S

specta
Explorer
Explorer
happycamper1942 wrote:
Very nice. Good luck with it.

Thank you. So far so good. ๐Ÿ™‚
Kenny