cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Mopkka tank Sensors

DD716TED
Explorer
Explorer
Anyone had experiences with Mopeka Tank Sensors / panel. I installed my system several years ago with 3 sensors..and since then Mopeka has replaced each one of them at least once and sometimes twice..Reasons; Rubber diaelectric (sp?) on bottom has fallen from sensor, unit just failed to transmit Bluetooth to either the app or wall mounted panel, or the batteries only lasted 3/5 months.. At the point now of just removing the system all together since Mopeka changed their website and it is difficult to get answers or help.. Just my rant but wondering what others have experienced..
7 REPLIES 7

markchengr
Explorer
Explorer
I have a truck camper with difficult to remove DOT tanks. They are so high off the ground that I have to carry a step ladder to reach them. That is the reason I installed the Mopeta sensors but Their batteries are so short lived that they are pretty much useless for me. It's a huge job to remove both tanks just to replace batteries. I no longer use those sensors. When the first tank runs out I switch to the other tank and I know it's time for a refill. Thumbs down on Mopeta.

Roger10378
Explorer II
Explorer II
My biggest problem is the battery life. We don't use a lot of propane so the sensors need a new battery long before I have to remove them for a refill. I am a tinkerer so I converted mine to a remote battery system. I have a 2 AA battery holder with a switch on it so that I can switch them off when we are not using the camper. This battery box is mounted via magnets to the side of the propane cylinder. This gives me several years of battery life.
2005 Cardinal 30TS
2007 Chevy 2500HD D/A

Ramblin__Ralph
Explorer
Explorer
Just bought one of these and installed it on my horizontal 20 lb tank in my TC. Had just filled the tank and the phone app reports 80%, so that's a good start. Should be an improvement on the "days used" meter I've been using ๐Ÿ™‚ Changed the reporting time to 10 seconds in hopes of improving battery life.
Ralph
2006 GMC 2500HD, XCab, SB, 6.0L w/2001 Lance 845
Bilstein Shocks, TorkLift Stable Loads, 100 Ah LiFePo4, 225 watt solar
My RV Travels Webpage / Yearly Campsite Map / 740 Campsites / YouTube Videos /
Instagram

ktmrfs
Explorer
Explorer
been using them for a few years. After a few years use My opinion: Great idea, marginal implementation. Have had sensors fail, now only use them on the tongue mounted tanks with phone app.
2011 Keystone Outback 295RE
2004 14' bikehauler with full living quarters
2015.5 Denali 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison
2004.5 Silverado 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison passed on to our Son!

Martyn
Nomad
Nomad
deltabravo wrote:
I've been using them since they first came out.
Don't waste the money buying the tank sensor and monitor kit. Just buy the sensor kit and then use the bluetooth smart phone app. It's way more detailed on tank level.

Ditto!
2020 Keystone Cougar Half-Ton 27SGS;
2019 Dodge Ram 2500 QC 4x4 6.4 Hemi BigHorn;
DEMCO Autoslide; 2 Honda EU2000i's;
Our Website

deltabravo
Nomad
Nomad
I've been using them since they first came out.
Don't waste the money buying the tank sensor and monitor kit. Just buy the sensor kit and then use the bluetooth smart phone app. It's way more detailed on tank level.
2009 Silverado 3500HD Dually, D/A, CCLB 4x4 (bought new 8/30/09)
2018 Arctic Fox 992 with an Onan 2500i "quiet" model generator

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
I've been using Mopeka sensors on multiple DOT cylinders and one 320 gallon horizontal SAE tank for a couple of years now. They did replace one sensor that was DOA, but that's all. The battery life has been around 6-7 months on the standard sensors, but a disappointing 3-4 months for the pro sensors. I just checked the remote readings on the cylinders and tank we left in upstate NY from here in Florida, and all is well so far. The one cylinder that travels with us is reading ok as well.
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate