cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Insurance recommendations

DC_MC
Explorer II
Explorer II
We were full time til one year ago. Had Progressive insurance and they were always pretty good til now. We had something break out our skylight and when turning in a claim they told us they don’t even have an adjuster in Yuma. Have to wait for them to come down from Phoenix. We could tell from our conversation that it would be several weeks so we just did it ourselves. Anyway we would like to change insurance and maybe find someone who had actual adjusters in yuma. Any ideas?
2006 Mandalay 40E motorcoach
2017 Ram PU
2017 Harley Road King
Home base Yuma AZ
8 REPLIES 8

Executive45_DEL
Explorer
Explorer
Cancel the claim and then call back. Sounds like the person you contacted didn't want to work that day. It happens. While I have Nationwide, Progressive has usually gotten good reviews....Dennis

camper19709
Explorer
Explorer
I have had good results with Progressive for about 10 years now.
Chip
06 SurfSide
30ft class A
2 slides
Ford V10 chassis
04 Chevy Astro van toad

ferndaleflyer
Explorer III
Explorer III
I have had 2 claims with Progressive and both went seamlessly. 1 for an awning and 1 where the pass side mirror hit a sign and went into and broke the windshield. I was pretty happy with it all.

RetiredRealtorR
Explorer
Explorer
DC&MC wrote:
The skylight was 300 and we have 500 deductible. But hubby has a really bad back so we really don’t like the roof stuff. But we did it today. So it’s all done now.

So if the skylight was $300, and you have a $500 deductible, couldn't you have found someone to install it for you for $200 (+ or -)? Why would you have submitted a claim anyway? Am I missing something here?
. . . never confuse education with intelligence, nor motion with progress

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
make sure you have windshield coverage, some how ours did not, all the cars do.

DC_MC
Explorer II
Explorer II
The skylight was 300 and we have 500 deductible. But hubby has a really bad back so we really don’t like the roof stuff. But we did it today. So it’s all done now.
2006 Mandalay 40E motorcoach
2017 Ram PU
2017 Harley Road King
Home base Yuma AZ

nickthehunter
Nomad II
Nomad II
Doesn’t sound like something that would have exceeded your deductible anyways.

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
DC&MC wrote:
We were full time til one year ago. Had Progressive insurance and they were always pretty good til now. We had something break out our skylight and when turning in a claim they told us they don’t even have an adjuster in Yuma. Have to wait for them to come down from Phoenix. We could tell from our conversation that it would be several weeks so we just did it ourselves. Anyway we would like to change insurance and maybe find someone who had actual adjusters in yuma. Any ideas?

I'm surprised they didn't just ask for pictures. When both halves of our windshield were damaged, that's all Progressive needed to start the claims process. They didn't blink at the $7600 cost, and I never saw anyone until the glass company showed up to do the work. The claim was originated last fall in upstate NY, and due to supply chain delay issues and our travel schedule, the work wasn't done until last month at our then campsite in Florida. Everyone was very cooperative about scheduling, etc.
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate