3_dog_nights
Explorer
Explorer
Where is the best place to determine a value and where to advertise? Thanks
Bob & Lynn
2 Chihuahua's, Ella, Gracie

was-2013 Open Range 424RLS,06' Chevy 3500, dually, Duramax/Allison

also was - 2015 Winnebago Adventurer 37F, towing 2003 Jeep Wrangler

now - 2021 NoBo 19.5, 2019 Honda Ridgeline RTL (Talk about downsizing!)
8 REPLIES 8

deltabravo
Nomad
Nomad
Grit dog wrote:
Value based on other asking prices.
I sell everything on Craigslist or FBook.

Ditto.

If you don't mind spending a small fortune for an ad, you can list it on RVTrader.com

Wherever you decide to list it, take good quality photos. If you use a cell phone camera for photos, take them in LANDSCAPE (horizontal) model, which is the proper way to take photos unless they are selfies!
If you use a cell phone camera for photos, post the actual photo, not a screen shot of a photo. I can't believe how many clueless people I see do that for ads.

Clean all your personal belongings out of the rig before taking photos.
Wash the outside before taking photos.

Nothing turns me off more than seeing a bunch of cr*p scattered all throughout a rig because the owner was too lazy to clean out their junk before taking pictures.
2009 Silverado 3500HD Dually, D/A, CCLB 4x4 (bought new 8/30/09)
2018 Arctic Fox 992 with an Onan 2500i "quiet" model generator

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
What he said.
And Iโ€™ve also never had issue getting market value from the free or almost free classifieds.

Klutchdusts advice about upkeep and cleanliness is sage as well.
A good % of people are absolute slobs. Thatโ€™s why thereโ€™s an entire industry around detailing vehicles. Because people are too ignorant or disinterested to do something as simple as keep a car or house or yard clean and well kept. Elbow grease is free, except for the lazy.
But not judging, just throwing it out there. So many folks have a weird expectation that โ€œlived inโ€ is a virtue! Lol
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

klutchdust
Explorer II
Explorer II
RetiredRealtorRick wrote:
I'd try RVTrader. That's where people looking specifically for RV's tend to look. Spend a few bucks, take LOTS of GOOD pictures, price it right, and you're off to the races.

Another word of advice. If you decide on a price, and you see little or no activity, be ready to systematically drop your price. You might have to do it several times, but you will eventually "find the market" and it will sell.

Best of luck in your efforts.

I always start high, ignore the lowballs, then start to lower the price until I get hits. Like fishing from a boat.
IF you are original owner and unit is maintained hold your ground. I purchase my vehicles from one owner only with great success. They will attract good buyers. ignore consignment hoaxes. Clean the dang thing. First place they look is the fridge. If it's dirty..........Bleachy water then air dry.
Good market, Take the time to find a buyer, don't appear anxious to sell. Keep us posted.

mleekamp
Explorer
Explorer
RetiredRealtorRick wrote:
I'd try RVTrader. That's where people looking specifically for RV's tend to look. Spend a few bucks, take LOTS of GOOD pictures, price it right, and you're off to the races.

Another word of advice. If you decide on a price, and you see little or no activity, be ready to systematically drop your price. You might have to do it several times, but you will eventually "find the market" and it will sell.

110% agree. Last year, we needed to sell our 2018 Class C. Used RV Trader. The $100 or $150 (forget exactly) was worth it. Trying to pay for oldest daughter's college out of pocket no loans. Her 529 dried up, and last 2 semesters had a combined $8k increase. Ugh.

Point is, We priced ours at $1k under similar private sales. After a few tire kickers (not literally -- just folks asking if still available) we dropped price by $5k, and sold it. Picked up new owners from airport, spent an hour and half going over things, drove to bank and did the financials, and off they went.

MY OBSERVATION: RV's of similar make, year, etc on RV TRADER were for sale MONTHS before ours went up, and were for sale MONTHS after. They priced themselves too high. I also see on craigslist, many rv's with a few pics and no info. No one bothers to look. We had nice photos, lenthy description, and RV trader is national. Worth it.

RetiredRealtorR
Explorer
Explorer

. . . never confuse education with intelligence, nor motion with progress

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
I agree with 90% of BB TX but the distance, I,ve bought five rv,s in my lide not one close to home, texas,AZ AL, PENN, flr. just use a lot of common sense.

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
When I sold my 5er I googled my model and year and looked at prices nationally for similar units. And prices were all over the place from fairly low to insanely high. And, of course, those were asking prices, not necessarily actual sale prices. So donโ€™t look at the highs and think โ€œWOW, I can get that much?โ€

I looked at nada.com for my year and model. That value for average retail was somewhere in the middle of those googled prices. Listed it on Facebook Marketplace. Free and easy. I limited the ad to something like a 50-75 mile radius making it easy for potential buyers to see it. And easy to meet them at a branch of their bank to get a bank issued check for the full amount eliminating any question about a valid payment. Ended up confirming the sale in 2 days to first inquirer. And had over 20 more seemingly serious inquiries before I could meet her at her bank and get the check and mark it sold.

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
Value based on other asking prices.
I sell everything on Craigslist or FBook.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold