cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Reviews on thousand trails camping pass?

dcason
Explorer
Explorer
Can anyone give me the inside scoop on this...good and bad. Have passport america and don't use it much at all...lifetime...lol
4 REPLIES 4

dcason
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you...you all pretty much confirmed it is not for us. We boondock a LOT and I don't like out of system for 7 day thing.

craig7h
Nomad
Nomad
Thousand Trails like Coast to Coast and the others are only as good as you use them. I had Coast to Coast for 3 years and never used it. There were never any parks where we were traveling to. I have gotten more bang for my buck using the 10% off from Good Sam and the same for KOA.

Take a look at their offered RV parks and if they are in your traveling area maybe they would work.

Good Luck
Itasca Meridian SE 36g
Road Master Tow Dolly

trailertraveler
Explorer
Explorer
Like your Passport America Membership, it will only be worth it if you can use it enough. There are not parks in every state or every area you may want to stay. Some of the parks are not that great and others we find good to excellent. We travel about 5 months a year. We normally get the Southeast Zone. We normally spend 2 weeks in a park, so then must be out of the system for 7 days. That only leaves so many opportunities to use the membership during our time on the road. In order to move park to park you cannot stay more than 4 nights in one park. The Trails Collection add on is not worth it for us because if you stay one night you have to be out of the system for 7 days. So far we have not had any problems getting spots due to the 60 day reservation window, but do make reservations as soon as the window opens. We average about 50 nights a year in the Thousand Trails membership parks which makes our nightly cost about $12. We have used the discount at other Encore Resorts a couple of times, but they are still pretty expensive.
Safe travels!
Trailertraveler

kmac7800
Explorer
Explorer
We only camp ~3 weeks/year. We were spending about $35/night (give/take). At the time we signed up last year, the membership fee was perhaps $2 or $3/night more than the $35 we were already paying so we decided to try it for a four year stint.

We have yet to use it, however we hope to do some "work-cations" where I can work (I work remotely) as well as our 3 weekly vacations and even reduce our $/night even more.

We only chose the PNW area as that is where we do most of our "camping".

Your mileage may vary. Good luck and have fun!

//KMac