Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

free streaming video

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Hi all,

I'm probably going to loose my Netflix access in the near future.

I've tried each of the below and they seem to work in Canada.

Anyone want to check them in USA?

streamvideo
tubi
pluto
plex
internet archive
Vudu
Movies Found Online
Kanopy (need library card)
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.
27 REPLIES 27

MrWizard
Yes, the IP address they see and send the steam you are viewing, will be there IP address of VPN location you choose, that server 'in Canada' will be your computer address, where the steam is going, the VPN server sends that stream to your client address at your computer TV etc. The streaming service doesn't know you if you are 50 miles away or 2000 miles away, they are protected,
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
MrWizard,

Will the paid vpn protect the streamers?

That would be my only reason to use one.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

MrWizard
I would opt for a paid subscription VPN, a free one has to make money somehow, to pay for the servers and operation, collecting data might be how the free one is financed, or maybe by serving up ads
NORD is a paid one not expensive, there are other good ones, they are always running specials, your not locked into any contract, just get it before you head out, cancel after you return, pay by the month, the quarter or the year, next season you could try a different one if you want to
I can explain it to you.

1997 F53 Bounder 36s

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
moisheh wrote:
Don. Make sure none of those sites are an IPTV. Canada is now tracking users and will be charging the providers.

I guess I'll have to move to a vpn--or would that protect the providers?

Recommend a free vpn?
Regards, Don

moisheh
Explorer
Explorer
Don. Make sure none of those sites are an IPTV. Canada is now tracking users and will be charging the providers.

TUBI, Fox network owned, is my favorite free streaming site. No ads with browser ad blocker. Great to watch popular movies I missed, or rewatching those I've already seen. Though still subscribe to a number of paid streaming sites. Along with around 50+ movies a year in theaters with AMC subscription.

I've mentioned this in another thread that one reason I have a VPN is, ironically, to watch content in my home market. My T-Mobile IP shows up in Baltimore, MD. This locks me out of some DC based licensed only content where I live. Setting my VPN to Ashburn, VA solves that issue.

MrWizard
From my phone
Over a Half Million tracking attempts in 7 Days
It boggles the mind, this has been going on for how long ? Years ?
Getting worse everytime a new version of Android is released ?, getting worse everytime I upgrade an app I use ? an app that doesn't appear to have more features or work faster, but gets updated often, why is updated ? Possibly to add more trackers or replace them with different trackers from other data miners to gather even more data,
What i have noticed is the Solitare games that give me nuisance ads for more games are not in the list of apps with trackers being blocked, i have 3 different camera apps and they apparently do not have trackers,
Amazon photos makes thousands of attempts to track data, but only on days i am using the app, actively browsing and deleting images, it does not appear to be constantly running its 2 trackers in the background all the time,

Click For Full-Size Image.

Sonos is my speaker system connected to my TV and Fire stick, Sonos S1 is the app on my phone used to set them up and control them, even play music using the internet , sd card , or stored on phone,
All connected via WiFi,
However the phone as been restarted many times since i last used the app 2 weeks ago, yet there it is. Its 2 trackers running in the back ground, one is attempting to collect minimal data, the other quite a bit more, this is many times less invasive than the Facebook tracker that's in ABPV that is attempting to spy on me everyday, that was spying on me everyday until i found out and did something about it, this is Corporate idea of "What people don't know, they can't say No too"
Who are the data miners selling all this data to, companies that send out adv emails ? Foreign scammers that send phishing emails and texts ? I don't know ! Now the real Paranoia , how many of these data miners are just fronts for the CIA or Foreign intelligence agencies, China has been in the news about spyware in phones and apps

Here you can see the difference in the amount of data the two trackers (data miners) are attempting to collect, and this is from an App that is Not Open, Not Being Used,

Here is the list of Blocking for One Day April 1st

I can explain it to you.

1997 F53 Bounder 36s

MrWizard
I have Amazon Prime , I have A Fire Stick and prime video, Paramount, tubi, xumo,Roku,Plex,freevee, crackle etc..

I have Amazon apps on my phone on this Tablet, they know what devices are registered to my account, they know when I'm logged in and what I'm watching,

But their tracker is in ABPV trying to collect all the data you see in the next image

Data not related to being on Amazon streaming video or buying things

I can explain it to you.

1997 F53 Bounder 36s

MrWizard
A VPN client can be installed in your home WiFi router and everything .. every device connecting to that router will be secured , I don't have a list of models, but many models have that feature, You won't find that in the Router from your cable supplier, you buy your own router, use a LAN ether net cable to connect IT, to the cable modem , and use your router for all of your internet , not the one from the cable company, all the info about trackers embedded in apps is about Android, because it is so predominant now, I have no experience with apple phones iOS, I have run a Proxy server on my laptop, it's VPN poor cousin, I posted the tracking info because I only recently became aware of how bad the situation is after I decided to dig into it, I have been using Duck duck go, for sometime on my laptop, and saw there was a new feature in my recent update for Android, right now Android is the biggest risk to a person's privacy and financial security, I like Android phones and tablets but have a level of experience and knowledge the average Android phone user does not have, there are others on here with even more expertise than me, I didn't realize how much data mining was going on with some of these popular apps, there are apps I have that do not have the Facebook tracker or depth of intrusion it provides, if a developer wants to how much I use their App and certain features, that is market research, But sticking there spy in another app not developed by them to aquire info on my use habits my name my gps location , (quoting Daffy Duck) I consider that dispicable .
They want to know what devices are popular they can look at sales figures, mfg and providers love to brag about that, aggregated use figures don't need my name etc. Especially services and apps that I don't use.
I can explain it to you.

1997 F53 Bounder 36s

MrWizard
To bypass copyright you have to be distributing media you have no legal right to be reproducing and distributing,
You don't need a VPN to do that,
But using a VPN prevents your internet provider from seeing the encrypted content of the data you are uploading, so they don't report your illegal activity too authorities,
For Honest people, it prevents anything anybody between you and your bank or business partner etc..monitoring your IP address stealing your info personal and financial
I can explain it to you.

1997 F53 Bounder 36s

valhalla360
Nomad II
Nomad II
MrWizard wrote:
VPN are not illegal,
There are no laws against using a VPN,

Correct. VPNs are generally legal in most countries (even some of the more repressive ones).

It's if you use it to bypass copyright where it gets questionable.
Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and RV

MrWizard
DuckDuckGo is a very good secure privacy Browser and the Tracker Blocker is a New Beta feature in the Browser, and you have a choice of turning the tracker blocking off for any app, if it gives you a problem with that Apps operation,
I know Google has my data, that's how they provide all those targeted ads on things you look at, it's all the other sneaky **** , like Facebook which I don't use, and those data miners,
If I fill out a survey form, that's by consent, but what I'm watching on my tablet at 11pm , where I am, my name , zip code, GPS location, is invasion of privacy, it's none of their F-ing business, it's Tantamount to illegal wire tapping and bugging of my residence,
I can explain it to you.

1997 F53 Bounder 36s

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Hi Mr Wizard,

If one really doesn't want to be tracked there is always the Tor web browser.

I do appreciate you sharing your knowledge.
Regards, Don

NamMedevac_70
Explorer II
Explorer II
Good info to know. You know your stuff Mr. Wizard and may the Lord save us from the puritans. I think I used settings to stop my phone apps from running in background when not in actual use. Have to ck again.