cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Tank sensor lights not working

ldv5379
Explorer
Explorer
I own a 26' 2007 Jayco Jayflight 23B travel trailer. Roof leaked and so I had to replace my tank sensor monitor. I installed new RecPro M23 monitor. Problem is the switches (electric and gas water heater and the fresh water pump) all light up but none of the sensors do, battery, black, grey and fresh water just blank looks like no power but uses same power and ground as switches. Please help!!
3 REPLIES 3

JBarca
Nomad II
Nomad II
enblethen wrote:
First thought is reversed power and ground.
Have you checked the common output to one of the tank sensor?

Yes, good thought. For sure check, if the PC board is wired correctly, the light bulbs can work with reversed polarity but the PC board can have issues.
2005 Ford F350 Super Duty, 4x4; 6.8L V10 with 4.10 RA, 21,000 GCWR, 11,000 GVWR, upgraded 2 1/2" Towbeast Receiver. Hitched with a 1,700# Reese HP WD, HP Dual Cam to a 2004 Sunline Solaris T310R travel trailer.

JBarca
Nomad II
Nomad II
Is this the tank monitor you bought? https://www.recpro.com/rv-kib-tank-sensor-monitor-panel-m23/

If so, that is a KIB brand monitor. You can not get the tank lights to come on if I read your note correctly. Yes/no?

Not sure what you did under the camper; the tank sensors must have a working ground wire. Rust and corrosion have corroded the ground screws and loose contact. If you have an ohm meter, test the tank ground pin wire at the tank to a known good chassis or battery neg (-) ground.

Next, there have been cases where the tank signal wires get skinned and shorted to chassis ground going from the wall down to the sensors. I have had this happen, but it only affected 1 sensor, not all of them in my case; I was lucky the other wires did not get skinned. I had to pull a new wire.

Regarding the tank red resistor packs, did you change them and have them hooked up correctly?

KIB was bought out/merged with America Technologies. I cannot seem to find the old KIB site anymore, and the American site does not show the KIB systems that I could find anyway.

I did find this KIB manual, it may help. https://www.dutchmenowners.org/forums/f59/kib-enterprises-tank-monitor-panel-tank-wiring-information...

Hope this helps.

John
2005 Ford F350 Super Duty, 4x4; 6.8L V10 with 4.10 RA, 21,000 GCWR, 11,000 GVWR, upgraded 2 1/2" Towbeast Receiver. Hitched with a 1,700# Reese HP WD, HP Dual Cam to a 2004 Sunline Solaris T310R travel trailer.

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
First thought is reversed power and ground.
Have you checked the common output to one of the tank sensor?

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker