cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Domestic thermostat ccc2

Bemota
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2018 cedar creek 34rl2. This morning was chilly turned temp up, furnace ran to temp then shut off. I went to turn temp back down and the thermostat was lit up, tried to turn temp down and thermostat would not respond, tried diff. Zones,modes,temps, inside temp, nothing changes, it wonโ€™t shut off nothing, nada! Was going to try a reset but itโ€™s still powered up. If I remove it from the wall it will power off and after 5 min when I plug it back in I get the very same screen , furn , zone 1, 76 degrees and auto fan. Is it toast, can I reset when I canโ€™t turn it off like manual? Dan
2017 Dodge Ram Big Horn 3500 HD Cummins
2018 Cedar Creek 34RL2
Navy CPO Retired, Jan (DW), and Ziggy (Cat)
17 REPLIES 17

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Dometic parts are pricey!
Thanks for the update and outcome!

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

Bemota
Explorer
Explorer
No ,not in Bemidji, snowbirding in Mesa az. To all I did find the ccc2 at camping world $157 in stock, got it home here and plugged it in, tried furnace runs good and puts out heat then switched to a/c first did a/c1 starts and cools things down good, then #2 starts and cool good, then ran both a/cs worked good. Thatโ€™s all I ever used so as long as I have that Iโ€™m good. Thanks again to all, Dan
2018 Cedar Creek 34RL2

joebedford
Nomad II
Nomad II
Can you borrow another unit and try it? Easiest way to determine if your unit is (partially) fried.

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Are you located in Bemidji, Minn?
Might be quickest through Amazon!
you may also have one of these. Module Note dip switches, red and white device

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

MNtundraRet
Navigator
Navigator
I have a programable thermostat at home. I have found that deleting the programming and just loading a set temperature worked better. I would think that would work better when traveling.
Mark & Jan "Old age & treachery win over youth & enthusiasm"
2003 Fleetwood Jamboree 29

Bemota
Explorer
Explorer
Well no battery work done, I did check the batteries 13+ volts when this first happened even though we are on shore power. We in Mesa Az and going to get hot pretty quick, would like this fixed before that, 84 outside 88 inside yesterday. Looking for someplace local that has one in stock, Or how to get one. I was hoping there was a quick fix, turn off all power, wait 20 min turn power back on and walla all fixed. Guess not! Thanks for confirming my suspisssions! Dan
2018 Cedar Creek 34RL2

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
DIP switches are on the back side used to setup thermostat. Since it worked prior, it should not be the problem,
Has there been any battery work done?
Sure sounds like the thermostat has failed and needs to be replaced.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

Bemota
Explorer
Explorer
Yes the furnace worked fine since we have been parked here since 5 Jan. First problem we got the camper in Aug โ€˜17. Traveled approx 15K mi , form heating us at 15 deg at Donner Pass to running 2 ACs in Tuscan at 115 deg. What is a DIP switch, where is it, what does it do??
2018 Cedar Creek 34RL2

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Has the unit ever worked?
Have you verified wiring and DIP switch settings to match your equipment?

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

Bemota
Explorer
Explorer
Pressing mode and zone does nothing, I think that is because itโ€™s still locked up in the furnace mode, I think it is suppose to be off to do the reset but I canโ€™t get it to power off! Dan
2018 Cedar Creek 34RL2

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
What happens when you press and hold mode and zone buttons?

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

Bemota
Explorer
Explorer
Hi thanks for the reply, 1. Yes at 6:00 this am the furnace ran and produced heat to 76 deg. When it got to the setting it shut down like always. 20 or so min later I tried to turn it down to 68 to nothing happened. 2 when I press the on/off button nothing changes. 3. I tried the mode nothing, the same with the zone, fan, clock, temp up/down, inside temp and the F/C. It seems to be locked-up.I unplugged it, let it sit for half hr turned off power to coach 120 and 12 v same thing nothing. Itโ€™s stuck in furn 76 deg and auto fan and zone 1 for the last 12 hrs. Dan
2018 Cedar Creek 34RL2

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Is the furnace producing heat? If it is it will take a minute or two for the furnace to shut down,
What happens when you push the on/off button?
Does the system change when you push the mode button?

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

Bemota
Explorer
Explorer
Yep, I read that before I posted, system reset procedure, step 1 โ€œMake sure the ccc2thermostat is in the OFF mode. How do I get it in the OFF mode. Does that the furnace is not running? If itโ€™s in the furnace mode is it OFF? Dan
2018 Cedar Creek 34RL2