Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$100,000 Host Campers

wjlapier
Explorer
Explorer
$100,000 Host Campers

We custom ordered our 2023 Everest through these guys but our cost was no way near what they are asking for the two listed on their website.

We came from a Grand Design TT and occasionally look at them and noticed an increase in price there too. I guess I shouldn’t be too shocked at the higher camper price. Just glad we got ours when we did.
2019 Chevrolet 3500HD LTZ DRW
2023 Host Everest
41 REPLIES 41

csh_2088
Explorer
Explorer
I don't care how high or low inflation is a lot of RVs especially truck campers are overpriced.

3_tons
Explorer
Explorer
BradW wrote:
Throwing gas on a fire will just get you a bigger fire.

Great point, I was unaware that providing a counter point (to the claim that ‘buying stuff’ is what’s causing inflation …) was equivalent to throwing gas on a fire - Next time around I’ll try to demonstrate higher level of subject sensitivity…

3 tons

BradW
Explorer II
Explorer II
Throwing gas on a fire will just get you a bigger fire.
Wake Up America
2019 Lance 1062 and 2018 F-350 CC PSD 4X4 DRW
Tembrens, Rear Roadmaster Sway Bar, Torklift 48" Extention and 30K Superhitch
Our New Lance 1062 Truck Camper Unloading at Dealer Photos

3_tons
Explorer
Explorer
Grit dog wrote:
Wow! Not sure who is insulting more eloquently here….lol

My bad 😞 if it came across this way as no insults were intended - I do in fact get the jest of his point which (say, for the broader audience…) warrants deeper consideration - Economics can be a terrible dry subject - It has even been said that Economist exist in order to make Astrologers look good 🙂 !!

3 tons

3_tons
Explorer
Explorer
For those unfamiliar, here’s a clip of Milton describing the true cause of inflation, and BTW, it has nothing to do with folks buying goods except when these goods are in relative rare supply (demand up bidding occurs)..Dear Milton (RIP) hits on the REAL cause which might only perceived as a ‘phenomenon’…As previously stated, it’s not that the cost of things keeps going up, it’s that the value of the currency keeps going down - in the form of a deliberate indirect hidden tax - thus, no phenomenon is to be found…

For a better explanation, start Milton at about 5:30 in:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJ4TTNeSUdQ

3 tons

3_tons
Explorer
Explorer
I have total respect for uncle Milty (of the Austrian School of econ), yet what’s missing is the all important context, and note that he was not in every case 100% correct, as evidenced just prior to his passing he recounted just how wrong he was when advising Nixon to ditch the gold standard, but this just misses the point on what inflation is, why it exist and why as unlikely it may seem, most folks actually benefit from it (while voicing their complaints! ), much depends here on who’s financial oxen are getting gored - lol…

As inflation keep’s *bidding-up the price of things, home prices go up (as do folks estates!), while justifying higher wages and COLA adjustments, and inflation helps ensure that mortgages in their latter years get paid back with cheaper (depreciated) dollars, while for others, well paying jobs are lost (as inflation is seemingly combated by Gov’t, and in industry..), while hitting especially hard those living on fixed incomes (inflation, a thief that comes in the night!)…

* a key feature of ‘Rentier Economics’ (e.g. non-production based rent-royalty, service based - an appendage of pre-industrial medieval economics, rekindled post WW II…)…

Truth is that inflation is just another form of a planned tax (indirect, thus hidden..) that if taxed directly (as with the pre-revolutionary tax on tea!), folks would demand a sudden repeal…This is the actual means of how ‘promises’ are made…

A great discussion!

3 tons

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
Wow! Not sure who is insulting more eloquently here….lol
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

restlessways
Explorer II
Explorer II
3 tons wrote:
restlessways wrote:
3 tons wrote:
Well, consider that different folks are often at different stations in life - I prefer to see my house drop in value just to reduce future property tax increases - a rise in value goes me zero good whatsoever, but that’s just me 🙂

3 tons

Inflation, while a monetary phenomenon, is not possible without people like you who pay the inflated prices, then try to justify it on forums like this. You are just as responsible as anybody for the outrageous prices.

One is free to believe whatever they like, but you Sir are somewhat mistaken if you believe that inflation is some sort of ‘monetary phenomenon’… What confounds me (but sadly, to our country’s collective detriment…) is how least understood the fundamentals are which make up today’s financial and economic system - mostly because these fundamentals have not been taught!!… Truth is that (like it or not…), ‘phenomenon’ in this context confuses mere happenstance with a well planned methodology…

However, trust that I do share in your deserved frustrations…

3 tons

You might have been a little more convincing had you not failed to realize that the "monetary phenomenon" was a quote from Milton Friedman, a Nobel Prize winning economist. I suspect you're a little outside of your area of expertise.

3_tons
Explorer
Explorer
restlessways wrote:
3 tons wrote:
Well, consider that different folks are often at different stations in life - I prefer to see my house drop in value just to reduce future property tax increases - a rise in value goes me zero good whatsoever, but that’s just me 🙂

3 tons

Inflation, while a monetary phenomenon, is not possible without people like you who pay the inflated prices, then try to justify it on forums like this. You are just as responsible as anybody for the outrageous prices.

One is free to believe whatever they like, but you Sir are somewhat mistaken if you believe that inflation is some sort of ‘monetary phenomenon’… What confounds me (but sadly, to our country’s collective detriment…) is how least understood the fundamentals are which make up today’s financial and economic system - mostly because these fundamentals have not been taught!!… Truth is that (like it or not…), ‘phenomenon’ in this context confuses mere happenstance with a well planned methodology…

However, trust that I do share in your deserved frustrations…

3 tons

jimh406
Explorer III
Explorer III
restlessways wrote:
You would be wrong.

It was just a play on words. You said anybody.

'10 Ford F-450, 6.4, 4.30, 4x4, 14,500 GVWR, '06 Host Rainer 950 DS, Torklift Talon tiedowns, Glow Steps, and Fastguns. Bilstein 4600s, Firestone Bags, Toyo M655 Gs, Curt front hitch, Energy Suspension bump stops.

NRA Life Member, CCA Life Member

restlessways
Explorer II
Explorer II
jimh406 wrote:
restlessways wrote:
You are just as responsible as anybody for the outrageous prices.

He’s as responsible as anybody … as responsible as you. 😄

Seriously though, people are buying a lot of different 100K vehicles now and get paid a lot more than they used to. I think paying people more has more to do with inflation than the people who are buying new things. But hey, that’s just me. 😉

You would be wrong. I haven't overpaid for any cars, RVs, houses boats or otherwise. The people who are running up the prices of those are the ones responsible. Wake up.

jimh406
Explorer III
Explorer III
restlessways wrote:
You are just as responsible as anybody for the outrageous prices.

He’s as responsible as anybody … as responsible as you. 😄

Seriously though, people are buying a lot of different 100K vehicles now and get paid a lot more than they used to. I think paying people more has more to do with inflation than the people who are buying new things. But hey, that’s just me. 😉

'10 Ford F-450, 6.4, 4.30, 4x4, 14,500 GVWR, '06 Host Rainer 950 DS, Torklift Talon tiedowns, Glow Steps, and Fastguns. Bilstein 4600s, Firestone Bags, Toyo M655 Gs, Curt front hitch, Energy Suspension bump stops.

NRA Life Member, CCA Life Member

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
Uhhh ok. That last response was wack.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

restlessways
Explorer II
Explorer II
3 tons wrote:

3 tons