cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Under Counter Mounted Coffee Maker

haste_maker
Explorer II
Explorer II
Looking for info from anyone that uses a under counter coffee maker...need to know pros & cons...plus what brand do you have...
Retried Teamster
2007 Allergo
8 REPLIES 8

RLS7201
Explorer
Explorer
We have the OEM under the counter coffee maker in our 95 Bounder. No steam damage to the cabinets so far.

Richard
95 Bounder 32H F53 460
2013 CRV Toad
2 Segways in Toad
First brake job
1941 Hudson

JoeH
Explorer III
Explorer III
Bumpyroad wrote:
be careful as the steam can have an effect on the finish of the material directly above it. other than that, it worked fine.
bumpy

Yep---- what I did was put a piece of lexan ( or similar) above the pot, it slid in the small gap between the unit and the bottom of the cabinet... when I had the brewer on, I just pulled out that lexan a few inches and it kept the steam off the cabinet.
Joe
2013 Dutch Star 4338- all electric
Toad is 2015 F-150 with bikes,kayaks and Harley aboard

dodge_guy
Explorer
Explorer
We have one in our Georgetown. It came with one, but my wife didnโ€™t like the taste of the coffee (I donโ€™t drink coffee) it was putting out so we bought a new unit. She said the new one has much better taste.
No more worrying about where to put the carafe while traveling, we got some long Velcro strips and wrap the carafe to the unit so it doesnโ€™t fall out while traveling.
She loves it.
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

stripit
Explorer
Explorer
We used the old Mr. Coffee uints for a long time, but for some reason the crummy roads we drive on would either crack the pot or it would end up bouncing from where it was and break. So we moved to the pot-less coffee unit, works so well we bought one for the house too. Brew Station
Stacey Frank
2016 Tiffin Allegro Bus 40AP
2019 Tesla Model X
2015 Cadillac SRX we Tow
1991 Avanti Convertible

C_B_
Explorer
Explorer
here's an option if your layout has a wall to utilize.
Coffee Pot Elevator.

C.B.
CBVP2004~FORD~F350~CC~LARIAT~SRW~SB~4X4~6.0D~
AUTO~PULLRITE 16K SUPERGLIDE~DEMCO GLIDERIDE~
PRODIGY CONTROLLER~C-BETR MIRRORS~EMS-HW50C~

Butch/Barb=2013-Cedar Creek 36CKTS
Kris/Katy=2006-Cherokee 32B

hotjag1
Explorer II
Explorer II
In a previous motorhome we had a Mr. Coffee(I think), it was nice not needing counter space for it. As was said, the steam could possibly discolor the cabinet above it.
We took one of those thin bbq mats that are used to keep shrimp or other small items from falling through the bbq rack. We cut it to size and slid it between the top of the cabinet and coffee machine. It kept the steam off and the cabinet still looked nice after 2 years of brewing coffee.
hotjag1
2003 40' Allegro Bus, 3 slides, 400hp 8.9 liter ISL Cummins

2000 24' Dynamax Isata

Horsedoc
Explorer II
Explorer II
Had one on our 2000 Itasca Horizon and loved it. Until I left the pot on the eye on a stretch of rough interstate and it bounced out. Never did find a replacement fit. It was sure nice to reach up for another coffee while sitting at the breakfast table however.
horsedoc
2008 Damon Essence
2013 Jeep Sahara Unlimited
Blue Ox tow

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
be careful as the steam can have an effect on the finish of the material directly above it. other than that, it worked fine.
bumpy