cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Winnebago View mattress

two_travelers
Explorer
Explorer
We have a 2023 View and find the Murphy bed mattress a bit uncomfortable. We'd like to replace it. Any suggestions on what to get? How do you get the mattress unstarpped from the frame? Dealer has suggested that we not get a topper it might be too much for the mechanism that lifts the bed up and down.
5 REPLIES 5

Powertour
Explorer II
Explorer II
I went to a local foam shop, saw/felt foams of different densities as well as talked to the employees. They made me a dual-density custom mattress for the odd shaped corner bed area in our class c. Wasn't cheap but was cheaper than online custom mattress makers & fits in the spot like a glove.

I also ended up replacing the cheap seat cushions & back rests around our dinette with much more durable foam replacements from the same store.
2015 Itasca 25b Ford E350 V10

bobndot
Explorer II
Explorer II
Who accepts used mattresses?

That fold ! :B

klutchdust
Explorer II
Explorer II
Needed a mattress and used a local company here in town. RV mattresses are becoming popular so they are more readily available. They built one to my specs. Not cheap but so worth it.

tip of the day:

Now, there are companies that claim buy our mattress and we guarantee you like it or money back. The catch is you need to donate it to a non profit get a receipt then send it in. Who accepts used mattresses?

ronfisherman
When I needed a new mattress. I used a local company. I was able to take old mattress to them and they made a multi layer mattress that fit perfect.
There may be a custom mattress make maker near you.
Company I used was Foam Factory.
2004 Gulf Stream Endura 6340 D/A SOLD
2012 Chevy Captiva Toad SOLD

bobndot
Explorer II
Explorer II
Finding comfortable replacements that fit. This is the problem with MB mattresses or folding mattresses. It probably puts you into the โ€˜custom madeโ€™ category. The lack of any variable rv assistance on L.I. doesnโ€™t help either.
Being surrounded by water, you might find some help at a marine dealership that could offer companies that custom make boat mattresses which can be built in odd configurations or do a search for โ€˜custom made rv mattressesโ€™.

If your mattress is two pieces , I would just match up the size of the larger main sleeping portion without the smaller head portion.

Removing the old. I will send to you , a PM with more detailed info.

Here is just one example for a custom build. Scroll down through the site to the โ€˜custom measureโ€™.

https://www.tochta.com/