cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

RV Armor Roof Experiences

Walaby
Explorer II
Explorer II
Wanted to see if anyone here has had RV Armor roof coating installed and if so, are you happy with it? Any issues, concerns etc..?

Im contemplating it, and having discussions with them about getting it scheduled to be completed. I don't have any roof issues currently. Im planning on keeping this RV, so it's a worthwhile investment for me to do now.

I did ask them how it would work if I had to say, replace my antenna afteer the RV armor was installed. They said they could train me how to do it, and provide some materials and they would still honor the warranty. Seemed pretty good deal to me.

All my correspondence has been positive. Prices are going up, never down. I looked into it a few years ago, and it was $100 per linear foot. It's now up to $165 per linear foot.

Any first hand use comments would be greatly appreciated.

Mike
Im Mike Willoughby, and I approve this message.
2017 Ram 3500 CTD (aka FRAM)
2019 GrandDesign Reflection 367BHS
19 REPLIES 19

ken56
Explorer
Explorer
Had the RV Armor installed on my TT 3 years ago and it has been good. It does chalk so washing it 2 times a year is in order to keep the streaking down. Just make sure you wash and rinse the sides of your rig thoroughly after washing the roof. The installer came to me at my home and he did put it right over the TPO. No adhesion issues to date. So far the product has been very good in my opinion.

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
FWIW, I've only read good things from the people who have had it installed. I have no personal experience.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

buc1980
Explorer
Explorer
I prefer to take off the old material you don't know what under until you rip it off.
2017 Ford F350 DRW,2005 Kountry Star 35ft,16750 lb weight on SAILUN tire,6 points LIPPERD Level-up.New Mor/ryde IS suspension install.Full body paint 2022.RV flex roof 2023

BarneyS
Explorer III
Explorer III
Mike,
The removal was at my request. It added about $2000 to the cost but I had a ton of Eternabond tape up there plus at least three coats of a previous rubber roof coating. The roof looked pretty bad with large cracks in the coating and I was not sure if it was still watertight or not. Turns out it was and there was not one speck of water damage.

I'm glad I spent the extra money to have it redone right down to the wood covering. Now I know it is sound and will not have to worry about it anymore.:)
In your case, if your roof is not leaking and is in good shape, there is no need to spend the extra money on a tear off. I would just have them go over your existing roof. I believe that they guarantee it the same either way.
Barney
2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch (Sold)
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD, 1997 Ram 2500 5.9 gas engine

Walaby
Explorer II
Explorer II
BarneyS wrote:
Just in case you missed my previous post about this topic, you can read my post about it, including pictures of the process, here.

This was done a couple of years ago and the roof still looks like new.
What a huge contrast to the stuff I used before that.
Barney

Thanks Barney

So in your case, I see RV ARmor pulled your old rubber roof off. Was that at your request or because roof was damaged?? They told me they put the application directly over the existing roof, to include existing seam sealant etc...

Not sure why I care either way, but I'd prefer removal down to the wood, and then build up from there.

Mike

BarneyS
Explorer III
Explorer III
Just in case you missed my previous post about this topic, you can read my post about it, including pictures of the process, here.

This was done a couple of years ago and the roof still looks like new.
What a huge contrast to the stuff I used before that.
Barney
2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch (Sold)
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD, 1997 Ram 2500 5.9 gas engine

Walaby
Explorer II
Explorer II
Thanks all. Think Im leaning towards FlexArmor. There's a dealer in Atlanta about 2 hours away).

Both have lifetime transferable warranty. Flex Armor is about $2000 higher than RV Armor. I like that they remove the roof completely. RV Armor brushes on over the existing roof material.

Appreciate the inputs

Mike

schlep1967
Explorer III
Explorer III
Walaby wrote:
I requested a quote for Flex Armor.

If you have to replace something like your antenna, skylight or something along those lines, how would you do that with Flex Armor?

For RV Armor, they told me they would walk me through the process while tech is at my house, Then, If I need to do that, I can get material from them, do the work, take some pics, and once they see the finished job, they will still honor the lifetime warranty.

Just curious with a spray on application required to be done in the shop, how you would handle replacing something?

Mike

The answer to this question is generally what would make someone choose RV Armor. If you live close to an RV FLEX Armor location, replacing something on the roof is no big deal. Make an appointment and take it in. If you have to travel a couple hundred miles to do it, that makes a big difference.
Here is the answer from RV FLEX Armors FAQ's.

What if I have to replace anything on my roof?
When we do your roof we replace all your vent pipes and lids, refrigerator base and lids, standard vent lids, install new Camco vent covers and new a/c gaskets. Your new bases are sealed in under the product so they will last as long as the roof.

If you ever need to replace something for some reason or add something such as solar panels, we can remove the component, install a new one and respray just that area that was cut through. If you are somewhere else at the time,grind or cut through the coating to get the part out, replace it and caulk it until you can get back to an approved FlexArmor facility for respraying.
2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ 3500 Diesel
2022 Montana Legacy 3931FB
Pull-Rite Super Glide 4500

sayoung
Explorer
Explorer
Walaby wrote:
Because I thought sayoung might have some first hand experience.

Every vent & skylight were replaced before they sprayed the roof. If I should need a new part I'll just go back & get them to replace and re spray the edges of what ever needs replacing.
I just don't worry much about what might happen to my rv. If it happens it happens.

buc1980
Explorer
Explorer
I got RV flex spray on.It looks good and if very expensive FW ($250000) use it it must be good.I talk with somebody which have it done 3 years ago and they are very happy.
2017 Ford F350 DRW,2005 Kountry Star 35ft,16750 lb weight on SAILUN tire,6 points LIPPERD Level-up.New Mor/ryde IS suspension install.Full body paint 2022.RV flex roof 2023

Walaby
Explorer II
Explorer II
Because I thought sayoung might have some first hand experience.

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
Well, you asked Flex Armor, why not ask RV FlexArmor? Get the info directly from the horse's mouth.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

Walaby
Explorer II
Explorer II
I requested a quote for Flex Armor.

If you have to replace something like your antenna, skylight or something along those lines, how would you do that with Flex Armor?

For RV Armor, they told me they would walk me through the process while tech is at my house, Then, If I need to do that, I can get material from them, do the work, take some pics, and once they see the finished job, they will still honor the lifetime warranty.

Just curious with a spray on application required to be done in the shop, how you would handle replacing something?

Mike

southernsky
Explorer
Explorer
As sayoung stated RVarmor and FlexArmor are two different products. Flex Armor a far better product and installation has to be done in a shop.
2022 Renegade Super C
2020 Ford Ranger 4x4 Sport