Did you mean:ย 

Some sites just are not accessible..

MitchF150
Explorer III
Explorer III
Watch that mud boys for you boondockers out there! ๐Ÿ™‚

Stuck in the mud

Mitch
2013 F150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab Max Tow Egoboost 3.73 gears #7700 GVWR #1920 payload. 2019 Rockwood Mini Lite 2511S.
6 REPLIES 6

dedmiston
JaxDad wrote:
Some of us are checking the forum from remote areas, camping if you can imagineโ€ฆ..

Other than the typical cutsie click-bait thread wording is it too much to ask that people CLEARLY state that a click will send someone to a bandwidth crashing, system locking HD video?

Thanks from the remote wilderness of Cannuckistanโ€ฆ..

You can hover over the link to see what it's going to be before you click it. That's a good idea regardless of bandwidth to make sure you aren't clicking on something like pr0nhub.

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch โ€ข 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") โ€ข <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

ppine
Explorer II
Explorer II
Some people think that is fun.
Get out and test soft spots. Pulling a trailer is a lot harder than just running free on soft roads. I would have turned around.

JaxDad
Explorer III
Explorer III
Some of us are checking the forum from remote areas, camping if you can imagineโ€ฆ..

Other than the typical cutsie click-bait thread wording is it too much to ask that people CLEARLY state that a click will send someone to a bandwidth crashing, system locking HD video?

Thanks from the remote wilderness of Cannuckistanโ€ฆ..

JRscooby
Explorer II
Explorer II
dedmiston wrote:
I didn't watch this whole video, but I love this stuff. I've watched a lot of "Matt's Off Road Recover" videos from Utah and that guy is a saint.

One thing that seemed pretty shocking to me in this video was that they hooked the winch strap to the tow ball, which is a great way to get decapitated. Don't ever try that at home, kiddies

When I first started watching MORR, any time they had a job needing a winch Paul at Fab Rats got a call. And doing the job, it looked like Paul was in charge. Back then Matt used a 3-ball deal so he was loading 2. Has sense changed to pintle.
About the hitch ball; When first hooked up, it was just to hold the wrecker in place. (BTW, 1972, owner called me out to a job to haul his KW in. He had chained a big loader to the front of KW, was pulling a stuck dozer. Kinked truck frame) No jerking and not a lot of force. Then winching pickup out, was not dug in, did not much force.
But you are right, anytime rigging for lift or pull you must know the forces involved. And a ball is not much for pulling, and a jerk is worse.

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
dedmiston wrote:
I didn't watch this whole video, but I love this stuff. I've watched a lot of "Matt's Off Road Recover" videos from Utah and that guy is a saint.

One thing that seemed pretty shocking to me in this video was that they hooked the winch strap to the tow ball, which is a great way to get decapitated. Don't ever try that at home, kiddies

Except that recent video where he was pulling up a white 1/2 Ton Dodge that was off the edge of an embankment or hill. The embellishment got a little deep!
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

dedmiston

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch โ€ข 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") โ€ข <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230