cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2011 Tiffin Phaeton A/C Question

jaycocamper6230
Explorer
Explorer
Our coach has 3 rooftop AC’s and a RV Comfort.ZC thermostat. It registers 3 zones but only has heat and cooling modes for zone 1 and 2. We are camping at a good 50amp site and only two run. How or when does the third run or is it just decoration. I have 1,2 and 3 labeled AC breakers and all good. Need explanation
3 REPLIES 3

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
jaycocamper62301 wrote:
Our coach has 3 rooftop AC’s and a RV Comfort.ZC thermostat. It registers 3 zones but only has heat and cooling modes for zone 1 and 2. We are camping at a good 50amp site and only two run. How or when does the third run or is it just decoration. I have 1,2 and 3 labeled AC breakers and all good. Need explanation

Last, run the Genset and see if you get all 3 to operate. Doug

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
https://www.rvtechlibrary.com/heatair/RVP_tstat_install.pdf

Click for your manual and troubleshooting.

2011 Phaeton. Front and Rear can be Heat Pumps or just AC. OR can be 3 Heat Pumps. 2011 Phaeton, will assume you have LP furnace(2). Front and Rear. Phaeton with 3 roof top units, only have 2 Furnace zones. Front and Rear. NO middle furnace or Heat Zone. UNLESS your middle Roof top unit is a Heat Pump. Which will only Heat the "middle" if on Heat Pump for heat. IF you have an Aqua Hot, same for Heat thru floor. ONLY front Zone 1 and rear Zone 2 are connected to the Aqua Hot furnace system. NO middle. If your unit still has the Model and serial numbers of the appliances on the wall in rear bedroom, you can see if all 3 AC units have the same Model number. If you still have that post the model numbers if you have 2 different model numbers. Doug

Cincy_Steve
Explorer
Explorer
Your thermostat has "lost its memory" & needs reprogrammed.

Ours, same model as yours, suddenly would not run Zone 1 heat (Aqua Hot) & showed "Electric"(Heat pump)- which it does not have - as the only Zone 1 heat option.

Wish that I could remember how I got in to the programming menu to fix it, but it required a phone call to an impatient factory tech, who walked me through it.

Electricity is either working perfectly, or driving you crazy.

Good luck!