cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where can I find this RV?

speediq99
Explorer II
Explorer II
They say it takes 3 RVs to get it right. We are on our 6th and still looking.

We currently have a 43ft 5th wheel. We thought it was perfect until we realize it doesnt fit in many places and there are a lot of things that break. So we are now looking to downsize.

I was wondering if anyone can point us to a Class C or B+ that has the following:

2020 or newer floorplan
28ft or less
True Queen or King (no weird folding or Murphy stuff)
Real Dinnette
Pantry
2 recliners
Decent outside storage
Decent size shower/bathroom
Can tow a 4500 lb Jeep
E450

Any ideas of what to look at would be appreciated. Does a floorplannlike that exists in a small MH?

Thank you

MC
9 REPLIES 9

ron_dittmer
Explorer
Explorer
If your plans are to explore national parks, monuments, forests, and BLMs, then your goal of "under 30 feet" is most appropriate. A tow vehicle can safely be added to that figure.

Regarding things breaking, that sounds more like an issue with quality. I don't know much about 5th wheels, if some are made a lot better than others.

rhagfo
Explorer III
Explorer III
Why not go with a smaller 5th wheel, 32' to 34' should have all you are asking for.
Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"

ron_dittmer
Explorer
Explorer
I always thought the popular rear queen bed floor plan of the 80s & 90s without slide-outs was supurb. The bedroom was in back, the queen bed headboard was against the back wall, and you could walk around the bed. They usually had a dinette and one easy chair up front. The lengths of those rigs were 28-30 feet.

A year or two ago, my brother found a brand new class A Fleetwood Flair with a similar floorplan. I looked tonight and the new 2024s all have slide-outs. 😞

NatParkJunkie
Explorer
Explorer
how about a truck camper? some of them are huge with 1-3 slides. They are heavy, so most of the bigger ones really need a 450-550 truck to safely haul the weight.
But they have tons of flexibility. much shorter overall length, Take off the camper and use the truck by itself. tow a jeep, boat, trailer, or nothing, etc. You can usually get further off the pavement than most other campers away from other campers.

for ex: Eagle Cap

Lance and Arctic fox also make large truck campers with different floor plans.

pnichols
Explorer II
Explorer II
speediq99 wrote:
They say it takes 3 RVs to get it right. We are on our 6th and still looking.

We currently have a 43ft 5th wheel. We thought it was perfect until we realize it doesnt fit in many places and there are a lot of things that break. So we are now looking to downsize.

I was wondering if anyone can point us to a Class C or B+ that has the following:

2020 or newer floorplan
28ft or less
True Queen or King (no weird folding or Murphy stuff)
Real Dinnette
Pantry
2 recliners
Decent outside storage
Decent size shower/bathroom
Can tow a 4500 lb Jeep
E450

Any ideas of what to look at would be appreciated. Does a floorplannlike that exists in a small MH?

Thank you

MC

Finding both a real dinette plus 2 recliners in a kindof small E450 based Class C that can also pull a 4500 lb. Jeep ... could be difficult.

Also, for the ultimate in coach structural strength and reliability of course no-slides would be the best.

Good luck!
2005 E450 Itasca 24V Class C

MDKMDK
Explorer
Explorer
You might consider a smaller class A gasser.
An older Winnebago Vista/Sunstar 26HE (last seen in 2016) would tick most of the boxes. It sits on the Ford F53 chassis, has the 6.8L V10, plenty of towing and outside storage, and a Queen partial walkaround rear bed. Full bath and separate shower, full dinette, but lacks the recliners.
https://www.rvusa.com/rv-guide/2016-itasca-sunstar-class-a-floorplan-26he-tr25565
Or there's this one, a little newer, and similar, a tad longer, with recliners.
https://www.rvusa.com/2018-winnebago-sunstar-27pe-class-a-3626176
Mike. Comments are anecdotal or personal opinions, and worth what you paid for them.
2018 (2017 Sprinter Cab Chassis) Navion24V + 2016 Wrangler JKU (sold @ ????)
2016 Sunstar 26HE, V10, 3V, 6 Speed (sold @ 4600 miles)
2002 Roadtrek C190P (sold @ 315,000kms)

bob_nestor
Explorer III
Explorer III
You might try searching on this site:

RV Search

It has quite a bit of information for searching, although not always really up-to-date. One nice thing is that if you find something close it will have links to units that are for sale around the country.

Dusty_R
Explorer
Explorer
We have 27' Itasca about 2015 don't remember fo sure, dinette slide, Queen bed with water tank/pump under bed.

bobndot
Explorer II
Explorer II
Fitting 43’ of rv amenities into a 28’ space will be a challenge.
With everything you listed, its going to be thin pickings.
You might have to choose a non-slide floorplan which is not necessarily a bad thing. Less to go wrong.
Most 28’ class C’s have a folding queen bed unless you go to a non- slide floorplan like
Gulfstream Conquest 6280LE
Coachmen Cross-Trek 27XG.

You will have a split bath and the recliner option in place of the sofa, may or may not be available . Im not sure if there is enough aisle room to recline. But you are gaining a comfortable island full QB which is easy to get in/ out and where you will be spending 1/3 of your day, every day.

I would check the websites of Phoenix Cruiser, Leisure Vans and Coach House to see if there is a B+ that suits your needs. Expect pricing to be much higher plus the floorplans might not be what you want.