cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Viscount the "Jayco" of Australia

RobertRyan
Explorer
Explorer
Viscount Caravans were the doninant Caravan make in Australia in the early 1960s and 70s. They can still be seen on the roads today testimony to how well built they were. Does any mass produced travel trailer in the US have a similar reputation?

2 REPLIES 2

RobertRyan
Explorer
Explorer
Second Chance wrote:
You folks sure do like ground clearance down under! Terry built a pretty good unit in the '50s - '70s in the US. My grandparent had one that might still be in use had my grandmother not fishtailed and rolled the truck and trailer...

Rob

Since then there are about 4 caravan manufacturers who are larger than Lance Campers factory(140,000 sq ft) in size. One is slighty nore than four times. Yes there are other 50+ Caravans from other manufacturers still in existence
This is a photo I took from a magazine of the third biggest manufacturer Class B's and C's on the production line plus Caravans on the other side

Second_Chance
Explorer II
Explorer II
You folks sure do like ground clearance down under! Terry built a pretty good unit in the '50s - '70s in the US. My grandparent had one that might still be in use had my grandmother not fishtailed and rolled the truck and trailer...

Rob
U.S. Army retired
2020 Solitude 310GK-R
MORryde IS, disc brakes, solar, DP windows
(Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
2012 F350 CC DRW Lariat 6.7
Full-time since 8/2015