cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Beech Lane/Anderson levelers

jjrbus
Explorer
Explorer
I was looking at these roll on levelers and wondering how well they worked. I have a 2002 Roadtrek class B. As I poked around the net I found 95% of postings were using them on trailers Do people use these on motorized RV?

In keeping with DIY forum here is a video on how to make your own.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQbACPappto&t=761s
9 REPLIES 9

jjrbus
Explorer
Explorer
I agree, made for TT. I have used 2X10 for ages, I had holes drilled in mine so I could use them for for support when I needed to break lug nuts free. I have a Roadtrek and it is a PIA to level so time to try something else, worse that happens they end up in a campfire. After I remove the bolts of course.

valhalla360
Nomad II
Nomad II
I suspect, they limit the length as you need them short enough to fit between axles on travel trailers. For a MH, a longer length won't be a problem.

We picked up a set we found on sale recently...not sure they are any easier than just using some 2x10 wood blocks.
Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and RV

jjrbus
Explorer
Explorer
From an idea to a prototype. I looked at the levelers and they seem to be designed for travel trailers, I made mine longer, wider and taller, should be able to get a 6 1/2" lift from these. Are they going to work/last, time will tell.

jjrbus
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the input.
With what little I know about tires I am not putting 8+ inch tire foot print on a 6 inch leveler. Yesterday I made a template, today I will pick up some lumber to cut the pieces from to form the levelers. I am thinking I will make them 9 inch wide or possibly wider. I am making them longer so should be able to get 6 1/2 of lift.

spoon059
Explorer II
Explorer II
jjrbus wrote:
Maybe it is just me?? I ordered a set of levelers and first thing I notice is they are 6 inch wide. My tire footprint is at least 8 inch wide. No way no how would I put my tires on a 6 inch pad hanging 2 inch over the edge!!

Certainly agree with you there, wonder if any company makes a wider version.

I have the Beech Lanes and love them. Saw a neighbor using them a couple years ago and it made it SO easy to level. Asked him about them, he loved them and recommended them. Watched them on Amazon until they went on sale and bought a set. I love them too.

Very easy to use, very easy to level, very lightweight. Several friends have bought some too.
2015 Ram CTD
2015 Jayco 29QBS

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
jjrbus wrote:
Maybe it is just me?? I ordered a set of levelers and first thing I notice is they are 6 inch wide. My tire footprint is at least 8 inch wide. No way no how would I put my tires on a 6 inch pad hanging 2 inch over the edge!!

Gimmicks, I say!!!
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

jjrbus
Explorer
Explorer

cliffy49
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have used Anderson since purchasing my toy hauler new in 2017. I have heard of them cracking/breaking but I have never had a problem. Didn,t even have to trim athem to get them between the wheels. Never used levemate pro so can,t comment on them. I use a level on the front of the trailer, works for me.
cliffy49
2016 F150 Ecoboost & max tow (Gone)
2021 Silverado Custom 2500HD
2018 Catalina TH26 Toy hauler

Second_Chance
Explorer II
Explorer II
Beech-Lane all the way. We had three of the Anderson levelers break before switching to Beech-Lane... never had one break after that (14K fifth wheel). We found the LevelMatePRO to be extremely helpful when using any kind of leveler, too.

Rob
U.S. Army retired
2020 Solitude 310GK-R
MORryde IS, disc brakes, solar, DP windows
(Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
2012 F350 CC DRW Lariat 6.7
Full-time since 8/2015