cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2001 Damon Intruder rear view mirror

campingshadow
Explorer
Explorer
Well, I am back in RVing after a long absence. Now have an Intruder. The right rear view mirror had an unfortunate accident with a tree and now needs to be replaced. Since it is a 2001, parts are hard to come by..

I have seen an RV salvage yard online with 2001 Damon Challenger rear view mirrors that look to be same as mine (especially painted the same color). Does anyone know if they are interchangeable?

Thanks,

Campingshadow
2001 Damon Intruder
Shadow and LD
Angel. 15 lb Toy Fox Terrier

2001 Damon Intruder. 349. Class A

Semi-retired and loving it!!!!
5 REPLIES 5

campingshadow
Explorer
Explorer
Update……called Velvac. They said to call manufacturer to get part #. Called Thor and the wonderful lady in customer service was able to use the VIN # and get the exact part number for the mirror on the RV. Turns out it is the exact part number on the Velvac website. Now just have to wait about 3 weeks for it to ship and then get it painted.

Now on to the rest of the “minor” issues. Lol.
Shadow and LD

campingshadow
Explorer
Explorer
Sadly, the entire mirror is toast. Still have the swing arm. It is a Velmac 2030 bus type. Need to call them and order one. Had no luck with the salvage site. Next issue will be painting it to match the left side. Since it is a 2001 Damon and they were bought out in 2003 by Thor - not sure I will have much luck getting paint codes from them.

Just found out the mirrors are NOT heated. Yea!

Now on a search thru the RV for the painting codes. Wonder where they are hidden. Have all the owners manuals for the RV and all the stuff in it…even the Velmac wiring diagrams…..but no codes. They say on their site it is a special order item now and will take three weeks to process before shipping. Going to be a VERY expensive tree!!!!

Gee, ain’t getting back into RV’ing fun? ??????????????
Shadow and LD

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
If they look the same there is a good chance they are but grab as much info as you can.

If it is JUST the glass that's broke... any automotive glass shop can fix you up.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

campingshadow
Explorer
Explorer
I am hoping that I can find one from a salvage yard. It may be the wrong color but if I can find the Intruder color code I can get it painted at a body shop. A new one from Velvec is over $500. Naturally it is heated. Lol. So am I………darn tree!
Shadow and LD

StarkNaked
Explorer II
Explorer II
You should still be able to order a new one from Velvac.

https://www.velvac.com/products/mirrors/shop-rv-mirrors

But the chances of finding one to match your paint will be a huge challenge.