cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Ideas on selling Thousand Trails membership

Land_Yachters
Explorer
Explorer
We bought a Thousand Trails national membership 3 yrs ago or so. We aren't traveling as much as we were and would like to sell the membership. I know posting anything for sale here is not allowed, but would like any input on platforms that would be good to market it. We got our money out of it in the first year, but don't want to keep up the membership with annual dues etc. Any organizations, magazines, blogs etc that you can think of would be appreciated.
Land Yachters
Griff, Ali and Coco
Philadelphia, PA
2018 Tiffin 33AA
2018 Grand Cherokee
6 REPLIES 6

Ro_n_Joe
Explorer
Explorer
Escapees, a full timer focused organization has a memberships section on their rvnetwork.com forum site to post memberships for sale. Might have success there.
2020 Dutch Star 4328 on FL Chassis
2018 Grand Cherokee Limited
Ready Brute Elite Towbar & Road Master Wiring

stripit
Explorer
Explorer
We had a 1000 trails membership for about 10 or 11 years. Got our use and tried to list it for sale, at that time there was either a $500 or $750 charge for the new buyer to pay. Plus the yearly fee that seemed to be going up. After a few weeks of trying, I listed it for free to anyone wanting to step up and pay those acquisition fees. A couple that were just starting out on the full time lifestyle said heck yea, and they got it. Things may be different now, but that is what we did.
Stacey Frank
2016 Tiffin Allegro Bus 40AP
2019 Tesla Model X
2015 Cadillac SRX we Tow
1991 Avanti Convertible

stickdog
Explorer
Explorer
Google resale of rv timeshares
9-11 WE WILL NEVER FORGET!
FULLTIME SINCE 2010
17 DRV MS 36rssb3
17 F350 King Ranch CC DRW 4x4 6.7 4:10 B&W hitch
John
โ€œA good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving.โ€ Lao Tzu

valhalla360
Nomad II
Nomad II
JaxDad wrote:
Yup, just like with timeshares these kinds of โ€˜membershipsโ€™ are not worth squat on the resale market.

What are the implications if you just walk away? A lot of timeshares hold you hostage if you can't find someone to take it off your hands.
Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and RV

JaxDad
Explorer III
Explorer III
Yup, just like with timeshares these kinds of โ€˜membershipsโ€™ are not worth squat on the resale market.

agesilaus
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have never owned pne but O know there is a lively business in buying/selling them online:
Search engine page

I would not expect to get anything like what I paid for it.
Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2018 RAM 2500 6.7L 4WD shortbed
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper