cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Norcold Refrigerator will not run on 120-volt power.

hedgehopper
Explorer
Explorer
We recently bought a Thor Axis 24.1 with a Norcold 2-way refrigerator. The switch on the fridge control panel can be set so that the fridge runs on 120-volt power when available. Otherwise it runs on propane. We discovered that the fridge always runs on propane, even when 120-volt power is available and we donโ€™t know how to correct that. Any suggestions?
5 REPLIES 5

IB853347201
Nomad
Nomad
Is the fridge set on Auto? Check the owners manual?
2010 Suncruiser

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
FANC 1 wrote:
Check the back of refrigerator see if a red light is lit on the temp limit switch. If so you need a magnetic to reset the switch. Search youtube for more info. Mine was a Norcold 1200.

The recall switch shuts the complete operation of the refer down. NOT just certain parts. Doug

FANC_1
Explorer
Explorer
Check the back of refrigerator see if a red light is lit on the temp limit switch. If so you need a magnetic to reset the switch. Search youtube for more info. Mine was a Norcold 1200.

Scottiemom
Nomad
Nomad
I had that happen. The outlet the fridge plugged into in the back was one of those old ones that the parts were pressed into. Over the years, everything loosened up and it wasn't making constant contact. A friend of mine, an electrical engineer put a new outlet in it and it's been running every since.

Dale
Dale Pace
Widow of Terry (Teacher's Pet)

Traveling with Brendon, my Scottish Terrier

2022 Honda Odyssey
2011 Mazda Miata MX-5

2021 Coach House Platinum III 250DT
Fulltimed for 15 years, now living in Florida

http://www.skoolzoutforever.blogspot.com/

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
Check that there is power at the 120V plug. Then check the fuses in the back.
2009 Holiday Rambler 42' Scepter with ISL 400 Cummins
750 Watts Solar Morningstar MPPT 60 Controller
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland

Bob