cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Awning not working right

David0725
Explorer II
Explorer II
Hi I have new to me DS 2005 with a weather pro awning that wasn't working right when I bought the RV. I just now had time to mess with it and it's opens but gets stuck 2 or 3 times going out and comin back in. I have to let it sit for a few minutes then push the button again it will move a few feet then stop. Any idea what's going on? Thank you
1994 Holiday Rambler Imperial DP
1999 Honda Accord V6 Toad
4 REPLIES 4

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
Weatherpro awning that has your symptoms indicates a bad motor. It is tripping the excess amp control. To manually retract, you disconnect the motor wire plug from the controller and apply 12 volts to the 2 wires. If the controller is not easy to find, you can also disconnect the quick connect at the motor and jump the 2 motor wires with a 12 volt battery. I use a 12 volt Computer battery back up(UPS) battery to do this. Doug

PS, there are 2 motors the Weatherpro uses. Depends on if you have the intergrated roll down patio screen as part of the awning assbly. Roll out the awning and get the Model/Spec/serial number before it finally fails.

ArchHoagland
Explorer
Explorer
I lubricate with WD40 all moving parts on my awning once a year.
2004 Monaco La Palma 36DBD
Workhorse W22 8.1 Gas Allison 1000, 7.1 mpg

2000 LEXUS RX300 FWD 22MPG 4020 LBS
US Gear Brakes

David0725
Explorer II
Explorer II
Wa8yxm is there a way to operate it Manually?
1994 Holiday Rambler Imperial DP
1999 Honda Accord V6 Toad

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
If that unit works the way I think it does (I had one) the controller is current sensitive.. That means you press the button and the motor starts to trun. when the motor suddenly draws more current (indicating it's not turning) the unit shuts off.

Something may be overloading the motor.. first step is to inspect the awning to insure it's rolling and unrolling smoothly.. also check the gas shocks to insure they are not binding.. finally Lubricate.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times