cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Ft Mountain Campground ,Georgia

Mayor30
Explorer
Explorer
Have any of you stayed at Ft Mountain State Park campground.Looking to make it a an overnight stop on our way from Pa,to FDR State Park end of September.If there's something else you'd suggest in the area we'd be open to that too. We'll be taking 81 south staying in southern Virginia first night,then to I-75 then someone gave me a by pass around Chattanooga.Then south to FDR on day 3.
3 REPLIES 3

Mayor30
Explorer
Explorer
magnusfide wrote:
Yes, the roads into Fort Mountain can be tight. If youโ€™re concerned about tight mountain roads you can find other GA St Parks along your route using the map on the Georgia State Parks website.

I recommend James H Floyd or Red Top Mountain SP.
Thanks. I've decided on Indian Boundary Campground in Tennessee.

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
Yes, the roads into Fort Mountain can be tight. If youโ€™re concerned about tight mountain roads you can find other GA St Parks along your route using the map on the Georgia State Parks website.

I recommend James H Floyd or Red Top Mountain SP.
"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins
First law of science: don't spit into the wind.

Magnus

haste_maker
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have not stayed at Ft Mt State Park, but if you are coming from the Chatsworth Ga side to get to the park, you will be in a very tight road with some switch backs, if your mountain driving skills are good this will not a problem.
Retried Teamster
2007 Allergo